Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CaptainKramer
Topic Author

Fslab A320X Promo Video On Youtube

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 am

Just a heads up for those who may have missed it, FSLABS latest FSX product the A320X have uploaded a Promo Video on Youtube.

Titled : FSLA320X - Promo Video- Ready To Fly. Many years in development the aircraft looks very impressive, with phenomenal, fully functional system depth, just like the real thing, a well worn cliché, yes, but this appears and sounds like the real thing, if the Real World Pilot endorsements, who have flown the product, are anything to go by.

It also features a start up, taxi and concludes just after lift off from London Heathrow.

I just hope there are more Airbus aircraft, especially the Heavies, on the horizon from FSLabs.

David L

RE: Fslab A320X Promo Video On Youtube

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:10 am

I noticed that a week or so ago. Release seems to be very close and it looks as though it'll have been worth the wait.

David L

Re: Fslab A320X Promo Video On Youtube

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Released now. I've got too much on my plate at the moment but I'll be investing in this as soon as I can. It's definitely not for the casual simmer, though.

CaptainKramer
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:52 pm

Just watched an interview with one of the developers of the FSLabs A320 on Matt Davies, Youtube channel, held after the A320's initial release.

He explained that the A320 Sim was 6 years in development, which allowed a lot of coding of some unique details and features, during his periods of down time over that long gestation period. This included nice touches such as steam rising of the wing when de-icing is switched on during Winter Ops, something he coded after seeing a similar effect on a Youtube clip in the real world.

There was also mention IIRC, of something like 80 separate computers running inside the FSLabs A320, to make it function as accurately as the real world aircraft.

There are plans to develop the A319 and A321 versions as well, but no commitment on A318 or Heavies as yet. Also reasonably priced, considering the systems depth.

cpd

Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:28 am

When I saw it would cost AUD$143, I hit the close button on the browser tab. Bit too expensive for something I'll probably rarely use. I know it will be superb quality and accuracy, but I don't want it that much.

CaptainKramer
Topic Author

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:45 am

The FSLabs A320X with it's incredible system depth, wont be for everyone, but I looked at the Airbus website and found that there are 4029 real world A320 aircraft in operation throughout the world presently, with Captains and First Officers flying the A320 Airbus. That makes about 8058 potential sales provided those Pilots have FSX, FSX SE, or Prepard 3D installed on their PC's, which they may use to do revision before entering the real world Company A320 Sim.

Even though one of the FSLab Developers on the YouTube clip said it was a labour of love and a challenge to those who said a Airbus with FBW could not be modelled in FSX, accurately, that is still a reasonable ROI, even if only half of the Captains and FO's decide to purchase FSLabs A320X. This is before factoring potential sales from the A319 and A321 of which there are 1439 and 1308 respectively in operation world wide presently, which FSLabs I believe in time, are going to develop as well.

David L

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:42 am

Given that the Early Adopters' release had to be closed after just eight minutes leaving dozens disappointed that they missed it, I don't think it'll do badly. Of course it's probably not worth the cost for someone who'll rarely use it but it's the same for PMDG products, for example. A lot of people have been waiting a long time for a PMDG-quality Airbus and now they have it - and then some, by the looks of it. The reaction from those who've bought it seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

I think this might just be the trigger for me to go for my one really ridiculous purchase - the Throttletek A320 Flightbox. Yes, I have no life.

Fabo

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:18 am

I've bought it. The jury is obviously still out on how much I will use it and whether it will get to some reasonable per-hour sum, but judging by NGX hours (well into hundreds) and DHC-8 (getting there), it should prove itself worth it.

One thing is obvous either way - it's in a league completely different from any past A320 sim. Looking forward to rest of A320 family and A330 - though that's probably years away.
The light at the end of tunnel turned out to be a lighted sing saying NO EXIT

cpd

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:04 am

I think it is the fact I will have to upgrade the computer that deters me more, mine is costly to upgrade - and I can go only as far as a Xeon X5690 6 core chip and 64gb ram absolute maximum, and up to a Nvidia GTX780 which is flashed for EFI compatibility.

The PMDG 777 works quite well, but there are people with 4.0ghz+ machines claiming only moderate frame rates. My 3.2 ghz (turboboost to 3.46ghz) will die in comparison.