Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

andrew50
Topic Author

Thanks to the developers!

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:25 am

The site looks so much better now with the blue being added, I really like the upload page. After the roll out of the new site and being shocked by the change, the site has come a long way! Keep up the good work!

derekf

Re: Thanks to the developers!

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:52 am

Not keen on the new upload page at all. Lots of the useful functionality has gone. Too much space, too much scrolling needed. I had a look to see on the forum if uploaders opinions had been sought but drew a blank. Have look at J*tph***s for a much neater and slicker upload page.
Whatever.......

airkas1

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:49 am

derekf wrote:
Not keen on the new upload page at all. Lots of the useful functionality has gone. Too much space, too much scrolling needed. I had a look to see on the forum if uploaders opinions had been sought but drew a blank. Have look at J*tph***s for a much neater and slicker upload page.

On the old site, you had to go through 2 pages, it's now been incorporated into one page. I for one find the new upload page straight forward and simple. You just have to know how to use it. If someone doesn't know how to use it, please just ask or go explore by yourself. I will also make a video tutorial on how to upload your photos, once some smaller issues are fixed.

Obviously the screeners (uploaders) have had the chance to work with the upload page before we even went live, and we did give our opinions.

ptrjong

Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:33 pm

Let's concentrate on the big issues - any issues with the upload page are non-issues compared to the serious if not suicidal issues the public site has, such as the 'top photographers' on the front page still having no links to the relevant photos, and any 'photographer' link with a thumbnail also not linking to recent photos.

On the other extreme end of interlinkedness, there seems to be no way of viewing a photo full size without 'previous/next' photo arrows' disturbing the view, and without a row of other picutres sticked immediately below the photo. Plenty of white space elswehere on the site, but none where it is actually needed...

Actually by far the nicest viewing of photos is in the Photo(grapher's) Corner, but of course I can only stare at my own photos there.

It's also completly potty to have to to open a photo to learn about the actual aircraft variant rather than an abstract general type such as 'V-8 Harrier'.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

jelpee
Head Screener

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 pm

The new (old!) color scheme is much better...nice that the feedback from the forum is being heard. Thank you!

I'm still holding off on filling the queue until the copyright bar is restored.
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

solro

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:26 pm

Yes! The site's indentity is slowly getting restored!
Two questions about the upload page: Is there a "show photo" option of the reg I enter into the auto-complete form?
It was very helpfull in the event of multiple airline entries on one reg.
And also no "preview watermark" option?

airkas1

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:37 pm

solro wrote:
Two questions about the upload page: Is there a "show photo" option of the reg I enter into the auto-complete form?
And also no "preview watermark" option?

The answer to both questions is 'not yet'.

derekf

Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:34 pm

No check on the queue, no idea how many uploads you have left, no photo link next to the sometimes many and occasionally erronoeus aircraft and airline options, it goes on and on. Where is the button to add another photo? No, you have to go to the drop down menu at the top of the page and reload the page. And what does "Aircraft Manufacturer Filter Enabled?" mean? Too many "not yets".
It should never have been rolled out in such an immature state. I liked the new look when I first saw it - then I used it, often. I think it's a step backwards. As is getting rid of the Mobile app. The world is going towards apps but not here.........
Whatever.......

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:41 am

jelpee wrote:

Hi there,

The copyright banner has been restored as of today and all screened images will once again have it. As for those shots screened after the changeover it is being added but the indexing takes time so expect it to be completed within 24 hours.

Thanks and regards

Paul
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

ptrjong

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:09 pm

solro wrote:
Yes! The site's indentity is slowly getting restored!

I tried to adapt to the different colours, but indeed it's a lot better this way... Photos simply look better, too.
Also very good to see the registrations restored with the thumbnails. Thanks.

Paul, is the copyright bar going to removed from the thumbnails? It looks sloppy which is really a pity.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

eksath
Crew

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:29 am

PanAm_DC10 wrote:
jelpee wrote:

Hi there,

The copyright banner has been restored as of today and all screened images will once again have it. As for those shots screened after the changeover it is being added but the indexing takes time so expect it to be completed within 24 hours.

Thanks and regards

Paul

Great news! Thank you Paul!
World Wide Aerospace Photography

PanAm_DC10
Community Manager

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:30 pm

ptrjong wrote:
solro wrote:
Paul, is the copyright bar going to removed from the thumbnails? It looks sloppy which is really a pity.

Hi Peter

Yes the copyright banner will be removed from thumbnails I just don't have a timeline but it's on the list.

Thanks and regards

Paul
Ask the impossible to achieve the best possible

solro

Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:09 pm

Albums issues...How can I see all the albums that a photo has been added in and not just 4-5??? Also I find the display of the album really bad. Only 10 photos per page and no way to change it...

PS.: On the post right above there is a quote of something written by ptrjong not me. Just a mistake from the PanAm_DC10 or another issue?

airkas1

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:23 am

solro wrote:
Albums issues...How can I see all the albums that a photo has been added in and not just 4-5??? Also I find the display of the album really bad. Only 10 photos per page and no way to change it...

PS.: On the post right above there is a quote of something written by ptrjong not me. Just a mistake from the PanAm_DC10 or another issue?

I've put your album issues on the list.
As for the quote, Peter quoted you, and Paul seems to have used that. Not an actual issue (bug) I think.