silverfox
Topic Author

Cabin interior shots...where are they?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Been away for a while and want to look at the BA A380 first class cabin. I just cannot find any references to cabin interiors at all
Tried a variety of search words to no avail.
Have they all been removed, or am i using an wrong search method?

777klm

Re: Cabin interior shots...where are they?

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Go to PHOTOS at the top of the screen at the Anet homepage. Select Search.
Then under 'Catergory' select 'Cabin'.
You can also select 'Advanced' [search] to select airline, manufacturer, etc.

Result:
https://www.airliners.net/search?aircraf ... lay=detail
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK

Gr8Circle

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:23 pm

This new a.net site is a complete disaster......don't understand what was wrong with the original that they had to do this......everything is now so difficult to search and do.....I used to spend an average of 20 -30 minutes on this site every day......its now down to hardly 10 minutes a day......so many of my favorite pics have just vanished from the database.....or maybe I just don't know how to search for them.....overall, very displeased with the new site.....

Clipper101

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Gr8Circle wrote:
This new a.net site is a complete disaster......don't understand what was wrong with the original that they had to do this......everything is now so difficult to search and do.....I used to spend an average of 20 -30 minutes on this site every day......its now down to hardly 10 minutes a day......so many of my favorite pics have just vanished from the database.....or maybe I just don't know how to search for them.....overall, very displeased with the new site.....

Agree

LeCoqFrancais

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:13 pm

I actually prefer the new search engine, except for the airlines selection part, and I find the website in general much better then before. At first I did not think this, but after a while I realised that the new website is better.
Sébastien C. Tourillon

ikolkyo

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:21 pm

New site isn't hard to use, I think people just hate change and refuse to take the time to actually learn new things.

Clipper101

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Why should we "take the time" & "learn" ?????????????? .... It is only a web site for God's sake !!!!! Just make it user friendly

BWIAirport

Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:06 pm

I have the same problem, a very small fraction of BWI photos appear and I can't for the life of me find most of the others
Next flight: 3/1 DL2834 BWI-ATL B739
3/1 DL661 ATL-STT B752

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

pdx

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:14 pm

silverfox wrote:
Been away for a while and want to look at the BA A380 first class cabin. I just cannot find any references to cabin interiors at all
Tried a variety of search words to no avail.
Have they all been removed, or am i using an wrong search method?

If BA hasn't changed it since 04AUG13, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PUuLOui8Uc

crownvic

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:43 am

ikolkyo wrote:
New site isn't hard to use, I think people just hate change and refuse to take the time to actually learn new things.

Not all of us have the time to learn. Is there an operating manual for this site? No; it is just typical of the millennial thinking that goes on today in the electronic world where everyone thinks we have all day to do nothing but trouble shoot a web site with trial and error, until we figure it out. Personally, I don't have the time, but have accidentally figured certain aspects of the web site out, just out of luck. I think for tech savvy people, the new site is better. For the masses, it is not.

ikolkyo

Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:54 am

crownvic wrote:
ikolkyo wrote:

Not all of us have the time to learn. Is there an operating manual for this site? No; it is just typical of the millennial thinking that goes on today in the electronic world where everyone thinks we have all day to do nothing but trouble shoot a web site with trial and error, until we figure it out. Personally, I don't have the time, but have accidentally figured certain aspects of the web site out, just out of luck. I think for tech savvy people, the new site is better. For the masses, it is not.

You're reading too much into my comment. There isn't much to learn, and it doesn't take all day to figure out a website. Especially if you browse the website on a consistent basis.

jtodd

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:36 am

Gr8Circle wrote:

Completely agree. I used to spend about the same amount of time each day browsing A.net but now I don't even look at it daily. Maybe once a week. Terribly disappointed.

silverfox
Topic Author

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:42 am

Gents,
Thanks a lot for assisting an old fart!
I though the site looked a bit different, and it is a bit of a consolation to konw it wasnt just me!

Again, thanks for the help, much appreciated, and happy airlining

Ron

Navion

Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:20 pm

The site is not user-friendly otherwise they wouldn't have hundreds of people complaining about it. I've tried multiple photo searches and often end up frustrated and not finding what I was looking for. That is not user-friendly and I am very fluent with technology. I've been a member of this site for about 17 or 18 years. I use it much less now.

vikkyvik

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:30 pm

crownvic wrote:
No; it is just typical of the millennial thinking that goes on today in the electronic world where everyone thinks we have all day to do nothing but trouble shoot a web site with trial and error, until we figure it out.

It is just typical of older-person thinking to not take any time to learn, and just blame those trouble-making millenials for making your life difficult.

Clipper101 wrote:
It is only a web site for God's sake !!!!!

You are correct. So why are you upset about it?
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

AF022

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:02 pm

New site annoys me because even though I click "remember me" when signing in, i still have to re sign in almost every time. Why can't they fix this?

Clipper101

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:26 pm

vikkyvik wrote:

Clipper101 wrote:
It is only a web site for God's sake !!!!!

You are correct. So why are you upset about it?

Because it is not user friendly any more (see the sentence in my original post after the paragraph you are quoting). Are you familiar with this term: “user friendly” !

Clipper101

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Don't want to reopen a heated discussion, but I just found this which I thought sums up opinions on this thread: