Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

zachary165
Topic Author

Photo Usage Rights

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Gojet wants to use one of my photos in their recruitment materials. What would be an appropriate price for the rights to my photo for that purpose? I haven't really had this opportunity before and want to make sure I do it correctly. Personally, I'd be happy with a model and some Gojet sawg. Here is the photo in question
"Keep true to the dreams of thy youth." - Schiller

eksath
Crew

Re: Photo Usage Rights

Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:12 pm

zachary165 wrote:
Gojet wants to use one of my photos in their recruitment materials. What would be an appropriate price for the rights to my photo for that purpose? I haven't really had this opportunity before and want to make sure I do it correctly. Personally, I'd be happy with a model and some Gojet sawg. Here is the photo in question

The least they can do is send you a model and give you photo credit . That is the very least. It is easier to price if you know what the extent of the use is i.e. how many items,what size and what length. The picture does not appear particularly valuable to anyone else hence you might have to take what they offer. That said, you should not give it away for free. My 2cents.
World Wide Aerospace Photography

jelpee
Head Screener

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Zach, that's great that Gojet wants to you your image! Re. payment, another option is to ask for consideration of airfare in return (say 2 travel vouchers).

I would also consider having them accept some sort of "terms" to make sure that you are indemnified in the event of a legal claim by use of your image. Contact me on email (I think you have it?) and I'll send a copy of what I use.

Jehan (from CVG)
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

airkas1

Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 pm

I would first ask how many copies will be printed , in combination with the size of the photo on the prints. With that, you should be able to determine a price using any stock-photo pricing tool. However, like Suresh said, your photo is quite generic and if you get too greedy, it's easy for them to switch to someone who is willing to give them the photo for free.

Bottom-line: being given the credits should always be the case and I agree that that + a model sounds nice. That shouldn't be too difficult for them to arrange.

unattendedbag

Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:29 pm

zachary165 wrote:
What would be an appropriate price for the rights to my photo for that purpose?

zachary165 wrote:
Personally, I'd be happy with a model and some Gojet sawg.

you just answered your own question.
Slower traffic, keep right