Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

pilotkev1
Topic Author

Priority Screening Inconsistency

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 am

Good Evening, I have an image of VP-BBR taken in DFW on 23MAR20 currently in the queue that has been deprioritized, despite anther photographer having an image of the same airplane at the same airport from just a day before being added to the DB mere hours after it was photographed.

I remarked the relevance of the shot to current events and being 'talk of the town' per the priority queue guidelines in the forums here.

Thanks
- Kevin Boydston

KPDX

Re: Priority Screening Inconsistency

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:50 pm

Hi Kev,

You're talking about my photo which was added on March 22nd.

On the priority guidelines, it says:

- Priority screening is given up to 24 hours after the first photo was added.

Was it in the queue within 24 hours of my shot being accepted? I know the screeners adhere very strictly to 24 hours on the dot. Not a minute over..

Just for a more exact frame of time reference:

My AZAL shot was added on 3/21 at 2122, date and time being local.

Dylan

KFTG

Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 pm

First world problem.

kann123air

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 am

I'm with ya. I had a shot of several AA 787s parked at TUL that was deprioritized and rejected. To be fair, it did get rejected for other reasons as well. I think all COVID-related aviation occurrences should qualify for priority screening, but maybe that's just me.
Going for great

pilotkev1
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:31 am

KPDX wrote:
Hi Kev,

Was it in the queue within 24 hours of my shot being accepted? I know the screeners adhere very strictly to 24 hours on the dot. Not a minute over..

Dylan

Hey Dylan,

I had gotten the departure at 0925ish local and had it uploaded by noon so I was safely within the 24hr period. Additionally, a similar Air Europa shot was deprioritized since my initial post.

As mentioned above, first world problem, not a big deal. Great job catching the arrival, and I’m glad at least one of us isn’t getting deprioritized. No offense to the screeners as well, I know how hard they work and I’m sure whoever deprioritized it is simply trying to follow their rules/directions. There’s no such thing as a perfect screening system after all.

So I’m just asking that the rules are clarified for everyone to avoid inconsistencies going forward.
- Kevin Boydston

TUSAA

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 am

pilotkev1 wrote:
KPDX wrote:
Hi Kev,

Dylan

Hey Dylan,

I had gotten the departure at 0925ish local and had it uploaded by noon so I was safely within the 24hr period. Additionally, a similar Air Europa shot was deprioritized since my initial post.

As mentioned above, first world problem, not a big deal. Great job catching the arrival, and I’m glad at least one of us isn’t getting deprioritized. No offense to the screeners as well, I know how hard they work and I’m sure whoever deprioritized it is simply trying to follow their rules/directions. There’s no such thing as a perfect screening system after all.

So I’m just asking that the rules are clarified for everyone to avoid inconsistencies going forward.

Im having the same issue. Uploaded a photo of the Air Europa 787-9 ten minutes after landing at DFW. First ever Air Europa flight to land at DFW and it should of been a priority add, but was deprioritized shortly after. So what exactly are the rules? I've seen other pics get added as priority for the same instance....one was just added a few hours ago.

TUSAA

Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:24 am

Interesting.....nobody from Airliners.net wants to answer our questions or emails....something to hide perhaps some sort of favoritism?

vikkyvik

Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 pm

TUSAA wrote:
Interesting.....nobody from Airliners.net wants to answer our questions or emails....something to hide perhaps some sort of favoritism?

Well, the screener who used to respond to everyone's questions is no longer a screener, so...
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

vikkyvik

Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:53 pm

TUSAA wrote:

Well, the screener who used to respond to everyone's questions is no longer a screener, so...
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

jelpee
Head Screener

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:28 pm

Hello all, the rules have not changed. Recently, photos pertaining to Covid 19 were being allowed for Priority Screening. However, it is required that a publicly viewable comment (i.e. caption) be included to indicate the relevancy to Covid-19. Not sure why you image was de-prioritized. If it was a standard image of an aircraft at an airport or in the air with no comment, it is possible that the screener saw it simply as another image that did not qualify for Priority Screening. If it was marked as PS for a non-Covid-19 reason, it is also possible that it was inadvertently de-prioritized.

In any event, the rules have not changed. If you feel it has been, I recommend that you contact the screeners via email with the upload ID and ask for re-consideration.

Regards,

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener