Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FligtReporter
Topic Author

The most Beautiful Landing for me EVER !!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:20 am

Not really a phitograph but a video of what is the most beautiful approach I have ever experienced and this was at KTM ( Kathmandu Airport ) on 4th of July this year.

It was right after heavy spell of rain that we made our landing as the thick grey clouds were dispersing making way for the setting sun to gleam through..It was just amazing !!

Here is the link
https://youtu.be/JOP-OrQ5cWA

Spyrith

Re: The most Beautiful Landing for me EVER !!

Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:49 am

It does look nice, and Kathmandu being placed in the Himalayas helps a lot. Maybe it's hard to spot, but I see Kathmandu is relatively rebuilt following that devastating earthquake.

FligtReporter
Topic Author

Re: The most Beautiful Landing for me EVER !!

Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:38 pm

Spyrith wrote:
It does look nice, and Kathmandu being placed in the Himalayas helps a lot. Maybe it's hard to spot, but I see Kathmandu is relatively rebuilt following that devastating earthquake.

Thanks and yes it was surreal landing in such a pristine clear evening at KTM with beautiful himalayan ranges in sight.Kathmandu has been rebuilt and during my visit I did see the duplicate of one popular ancient tower that collapsed during 2015 quake ,its built on that very exact spot also visited darbar square where therr was still some construction going on but mostly the city has been rebuilt and things are fine as of now.

The full trip report of this particular flight is on my channel now feel free to check it out -: https://youtu.be/Y8jpQDl1sqc

Thanks again for your comment :)