Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

trickijedi
Topic Author

Laguardia Spots To Shoot

Sun May 13, 2001 4:41 pm

HI,
I will be flying into NY Laguardia next week and would like to know the "prime" (yet legal  Smile) spots to take the best takeoff/landing pics from since I have never been there before. I will be driving as well. Thanks in advance.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Matt D

RE: Laguardia Spots To Shoot

Mon May 14, 2001 8:56 am

Best locations at LGA (depending on what runways are being used) would be the end concourse of the USAirways terminal (it is shaped sort of like an upside down "U"). It is the side farest AWAY from the Delta terminal, and closest to the main terminal.

The other prime spot(s) are in the main terminal.
Although you need to figure out a way (I have, but won't disclose my secret) to get into the main terminal (the dreaded "Ticketed Passengers Only" signs abound everywhere), and get to the end of the "D" gates (American). The views there are simply AWESOME! The end of the "C" gates (United) are also very good.

There are walkways inside the central terminal between the concourses that are good for viewing, you are a bit distant from the planes-unless you happen to get them coming in or pushing out. So photography won't be the best.

JZ

Mon May 14, 2001 10:32 pm

If you go outside of the airport, College Point Blvd. in Flushing is great if Rwy 31 is used for landing -- the planes literally turn on top of your head to make their final approach to Rwy 31. One of the spot is the parking lot of the Asian Market -- a huge warehouse supermarket just north of the intersection of College Point Blvd. and Roservelt Ave.

There is also a marina/park along Grand Central Parkaway that give you great view of the Rwy 13/31. You can park on Ditmars Blvd. and take a walkway over the Grand Central to get there.

If Rwy4 is used for landing, you can go to the Hertz/Avis rental car area and get good shots.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

trickijedi
Topic Author

Wed May 16, 2001 1:30 pm

Thanks again guys. Very helpful info!!!
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!