Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flowings
Topic Author

Low Image Quality?

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:12 am

Hello,
I got many rejections because of low image quality and I have really no idea why!

Please have a look at some of the following shots and let me know what I did wrong....any help is really appreciated!  Big grin

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/02_02_2002_138_D_ABOM_Condor_DUS.JPG
--> Low image quality

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/03_02_2002_144_D_ABVP_Lufthansa_FRA.JPG
--> Low image quality

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/03_02_2002_251_JY_AGT_RoyalJordanian_FRA.JPG
--> Low image quality

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/03_02_2002_332_HS_TGA_Thai_FRA.JPG
--> Low image quality

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/02_02_2002_191_D_AIDD_Lufthansa_FRA
--> Low image quality

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/03_02_2002_259_90061_USAirforce_FRA.JPG
--> Too grainy?!

http://home.t-online.de/home/florian.kondziela/shots/24_02_2002_001_OE_LBR_Austrian_SA_DUS.JPG
-->The angle of the camera...okay, a very few degree.

Looking forward to your answers. Thank you!  Big grin

Florian

RE: Low Image Quality?

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:19 am

Florian, All of your shots are great, especially the Condor 757-300. Spectacular! The only one I might have had a problem with is the C-17 landing shot. Hopefully these were rejected in error.

Richard Silagi

joe pries

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:19 am

there must be some mistake, some of these are beautiful shots

Joe

fuairliner

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:26 am

Florian,

#5 is a dead link

Exept the last one which is indeed not level I have no idea what caused the rejections. Those shots are just excellent. I especially like the Thai 747.

On the other hand I would not be surprised if some pics (#2 and #6) were rejected because of "bad aesthetics", but the quality is far superior to most of the shots in the database.

Perhaps the screener can clarify these rejections.

Frank
Frank Unterspann - Hamburg, Germany

[email protected]

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:30 am

Must have been a bad time to have too much shots in the queue lately. I guess Johan was in a rush to clean the queue up, since the problems with the new server seem to be solved. All of them are great expect the OS which I think is too bright. A big  Big thumbs up for you. But I guess many of us are going through this in the last few days. Similar things happened to me.
Peter
-

apuneger

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:38 am

Yup, I don't get it either. Those are great shots, especially the Condor one. Awesome. If that one doesn't get accepted, then A.Net should get rid of 95% of its pictures.

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

AviationIvi

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:51 am

Hi Florian,

they are all very nice!

The DE757 is maybe a little bit blurry?

Regards,
Ivica

Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:26 am

OK, I checked to see who rejected them, and found out to my surprise that it was me!

Something is really wierd here. There are literally hundreds of pictures in the rejection pile that I have never seen before and that are listed as having been rejected by me for a number of reasons, but mainly for bad scans.

Yesterday, I pulled a great big batch of photos from the High Quality queue to screen, and for some reason, my connection got really slow and timed out and I had red X's in place of a whole bunch of pictures. So I marked the ones I could see, and left all the others blank, which SHOULD simply keep it in the HQ queue without rejecting them or adding my "vote" for it to be added. Another screener (or me) should be able to pick it up again and either vote for it as HQ or reject it.

For some reason, the system interpreted my lack of responses as rejections for a random reason - I just found a lot of pictures in the reject pile from yesterday that indicated that they were rejected by me for bad scans, even though I do not remember ever having seen them before.

All of these rejections were listed as happening on the 14th between 1530 and 1630 Central Europe Time.

The other possibility is that someone has figured out my passwords and is going through the queue, but I have no idea how that could happen.

I will send an e-mail to Johan to have a look at this thread, and to see what went wrong.

My deepest, most profound apologies to Florian and all the others that got hit by this. I hope you'll have the patience to upload them again.

Regards,

S2.

Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:34 am

OK, thank god, I knew it had to be some kind of error. Especially for that Condor 757 shot!

Richard Silagi

da Fwog

Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:53 am

Nice to see you're making good use of that D30, Florian!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

ckw

Sat Mar 16, 2002 3:24 am

Interesting news Screener 2, it did seem that the queue suddenly got smaller - and people started complaining of rejections about that time. I had all 13 of mine which were waiting dumped... which sort of surprised me !

I studied them very carefully to see why they were rejected, and reprocessed a couple which I thought really should have got through, and I'm going to reupload. The interesting thing is that on rexamining the other 11, I came to the conclusion that I no longer wanted to upload them anyway ... I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

aps

Sat Mar 16, 2002 3:52 am

Gee they really are getting strict on what gets accepted !!

Wink/being sarcastic

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:14 am

Well well,

All of these rejections were listed as happening on the 14th between 1530 and 1630 Central Europe Time

Yes, count me in too. Maybe I shouldn't be so presumptious and the rejections are justified....but what a coincidence considering the outcome.
Convicted on circumstantial evidence?  Innocent

...superb shots Florian....

Gerry/EDI

ckw

Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:12 am

Maybe the screeners should deliberatly cause this error to occur from time to time so we can all feel a little more relaxed about rejections  Smile

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

flowings
Topic Author

Sun Mar 17, 2002 12:44 am

Hello,
thank you guys for the positive feedback regarding my last uploads! Glad to hear that you like these shots.  Big grin

Chris: Yes, the D30 rocks and again thanks for your help making it more easy to choose it..

As for the sceener thank you for solving the situation.
You'll have the pics on your desk soon.

C'ya
Florian

Alaskaairlines

Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:27 am

Excellent shots Florian! Glad to hear it was an error, otherwise there is no use for me even to try to upload to a.net!

-Dmitry