Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aps
Topic Author

Processing In The UK

Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:42 am

Im having trouble at the moment with my usual film processor ... they have recently changed to digital processing and as a result my acceptence rate has dropped dramatically .I would if at all possible like to know your experiences and recomendations on film processing.

"Who do you use" ?

your help would be appreciated

Aps

aps
Topic Author

RE: Processing In The UK

Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:16 am

...... Anyone ??

derekf

Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:11 am

Aps

I've had good results recently from Lab 35 in Milton Keynes for prints processing. Some of the results you can see on this very web site! They advertise in most photo mags.

Regards

DerekF
Whatever.......

aps
Topic Author

Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:25 pm

Come on everyone !!!!!!!

any more pointers ?

Boots / Supasnaps / Speilman .... etc ... etc...

whats your opinions ?
i need to change

ckw

Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:30 pm

I almost exclusively use a small independent in Southampton, so probably not much use to you. I have used Jessops and Boots in the past - I'm not sure either are best value for money, but I've never had any problems with negs processed by them. I have occassionally had issues with the print quality, but if so, the negs were reprinted for me with no hassle.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

dan330

Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:04 am

I use Jessops and I haven't had any problems with the printing, apart from having my shots given to someone else once , got them back within a couple of days and a total refund so no harm done in the end.

Not tried any others apart from the supermarkets which I wouldn't recommend! I kept complaining about the prints not coming out right, neg had plane in the middle, print had the nose cut off. I was told in the end not to bother going back to them again by the sales person!

DO NOT USE THE CO-OP!!!

Haskey

Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:32 am

Aps

I would recommend Tony Best in Guildford who has done all my processing for the last two years. As well as being an excellent photographer he does an superb job of processing. He has some pictures here on www.airliners.net. (AJ Best in the database)

All prints are checked for colours and printed individually and centred without chopping off the tails/noses.

What better than aviation photographer who does processing as well and understands what the customer wants and needs.

Contact him direct at [email protected]

Thoroughly recommended

Ian Haskell

blackbird1

Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:47 am

APS I fully agree to Ian's statement. A.J.Best is doing an extraordinary job in processing and taking high quality colour prints. For example:
Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © AJ BEST

Please say hello from me. Gerhard Plomitzer, Germany
I'd rather be flying!

bapilot2b

Sat Mar 23, 2002 8:20 am

Out of all the films I have had procecced in 10 months I have been into aviation photography NOTHING beats the quality of the printers I used in Ayia Napa, Cyprus. I took some pictures from LCA, departing the a/c and so on......and the colours came out so well I was gobsmacked....even though it was 1 hour processing!! Then I came home to get the rest of my shots developed at a new Kodak Photo Island store just opened where I live....and they matched the quality!! I look at all my pictures now and I can honestly say the small processing stores are the best. I was disgusted by Boots and max spielmen. Kodak Click stores are pretty good too!

Yours Sincerely,
Jason Nicholls
(Webmaster Of Aviation-Careers.Net)
Jason Nicholls - v1images

aps
Topic Author

Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:59 am

Ill just nip over to Cyprus with my films then ....

Smile/happy/getting dizzy

thanks