Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Cannon Lenes

Tue Sep 02, 2003 1:36 am

Hi,
I have a non-digital cannon camera at home which takes lenses. i cant renember what model it is bu I know its an EOS something. Can you use non didital lenses with digital cameras??? It may sound like a stupid question but Ive been wondering this for quiet some time.

Cheers

Airplanepics
Simon - London-Aviation.com

AA 777

RE: Cannon Lenes

Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:09 am

Airplanepics,

With Canon DSLR's as well as Nikon DSLR's the lenses work both with film and digital cameras as long as they are the same mount. If your EOS something is in Canon EF mount they any Canon EF lens would work on your camera as well as the Canon DSLR's

AA 777
Matt
CRJ-700 FO

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:27 am

Cheers,
That helps me a lot  Big thumbs up

Might sound stupid, but because I have the lenses I might get a top of the range cannon as my first digital camera!

Airplanepics

airways1

Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:40 am

I've been considering Canon for the same reasons. Unfortunately, the top of the range, the Canon D1s, costs around £5000! It's nice, though, with 11.1 megapixels.

Probably the better alternative is the new Canon D-300, 6.3 megapixels, and should be under £1000.

airways1

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:57 am

I was thinking about the 10D

Skymonster

Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:37 am

Yup, Canon have maintained lens mount consistency and compatibility across its entire range SLR range, both digital and non-digital, since it introduced the EF mount with its first autofocus camera. Prior to that, Canon used the FD mount, but if you camera or lenses are Canon and are autofocus, lens-camera compatibility shouldn't be a problem.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:55 am

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Yes it is an auto focus lens. Im glad to here its going to be less money to save up for a 10D (Paper rounds dont pay much these days!  Big thumbs up) I aint got a digital camera yet, so i thought i might aswell buy the best one while I can, that way I dont have to upgrade that often.

Any other comments will be appreciable.

Simon

wpmike

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:15 am

Hi: I have had Canon cameras in the past so I too had some Canon EF lenses. I recently purchased the 10d and really like it. Just got a Canon 100-400 IS lens. What a difference a quality camera and lens combination can make for most all of the photo needs! Good luck.

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:46 am

cheers Wpmike,

I have no previous experiance with digital cameras, so I thought I'd jump straight into the deep end and buy the top of the range one. I really want to get some good aviation pictures and get as good as you guys. But its going to take some practicing!!!

Thanks for the luck, im going to need it! So far I have £6.00 saved up! So only another £1994 to go!!!

Airplanepics