Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

willo
Topic Author

Have The Rules Been Relaxed?

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:33 am

In view of all the fuss there was with this topic and the huge fall out it caused
Rule Change: Half-naked Woman (by Administrator Dec 10 2004 in Aviation Photography)

I was surprised to see this new picture in the database "806520" (I'm not going to plug it and I don't mean any disrespect to the photographer). My view is that this picture is more about the girls than plane. Any thoughts?

Jaspike

RE: Have The Rules Been Relaxed?

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:37 am

Johan has said that he doesn't think that photo is a major problem.

Tom

eksath
Crew

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:43 am

hmmmm....the line seems to be blurred again...

The girls dont seem incidental in the picture...and it is not a uncommon airport or plane or airline either.....
World Wide Aerospace Photography

JAT74L

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:49 am

It's obviously a staged shot but it IS what Maho's all about in spirit. I didn't agree with the way the last carry on was handled and I don't really have any objection to "fun" shots like this. Let's look at it this way, maybe some lessons have been learnt about tolerance.

Now, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in the name of forgiveness delete this thread as the forum is returning to the nice place that it used to be and this little rotten egg may whip up another riot.

Regards

John
I like trains just as much as planes but trains don't like the Atlantic!

fl350

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:54 am

Indeed was surprised it got in too after all the fuss, I would rather see rules apllied to the line for evrybody and no exceptions.
It doesn't make sense to have rules if they are trespassed every once in a while.

Quoting Eksath (Reply 2):
hmmmm....the line seems to be blurred again...

Seems that things should be clean and cleared, like for the baddouble thing it's also a bit blurred there.

Don't want to start a war here, just trying to make things fair to all.

Regards,

Fabrice
Fabrice Sanchez - Brussels Aviation Photography

southpaw8669

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:02 am

I guess you are talking about my photo. Well I was trying to capture the atmosphere of St. Marrten. If you don't like the photo then you don't have to look at it. I didn't ask those girls to sit there when I took the photo, don't get me wrong I knew they were there. My objective was to take a head on shot with or without the girls. When I uploaded it I thought it might get rejected, but it got accepted.

Eric
@southpawcapture

dendrobatid

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:17 am

It is a great shot, a great composition and I cannot believe anyone could object. It is neither contrived nor gratuitous use of (presumably) attractive young ladies.
However, if they were facing the camera with their breasts out, it would be a different story.
Eric, remember there is no such thing as bad advertising !
Mick Bajcar

fl350

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:26 am

For my part I like the pic and it depicts the atmosfear of Maho beach pretty well, but that's not the point. In his last post on the concerned above thread, Johan told us that:

Quote:
To make the obligations and rights of the photographer and of Airliners.net clear and more exact, we are currently working on a "Terms & Conditions" text that will have to be agreed upon when uploading photos to Airliners.net. It will contain information about when photos can be deleted, info edited and how we can use the photos on Airliners.net (how wide our photo licence is). This Terms & Conditions paper will first be drafted within the Airliners.net crew and then posted here for your comments and suggested changes.

Well I hope that this "Terms & Conditions" will be published soon so everybody will have a good knowledge of Do's and Don'ts.

Off course we are humans and sometimes there can be mistakes...

Best regards,

Fabrice
Fabrice Sanchez - Brussels Aviation Photography

JAT74L

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:34 am

I think the previous episode was an unhappy experience for both Johan and the a.net community. I think Johan's Xmas message to us all pretty much made it clear that he respected our viewpoints and that it was clear to him that the db would be nothing without ALL parties. He certainly has my respect for giving us this site in the first place.

Now, I hope that common sense has prevailed and, as I said earler, lessons have been learnt. Yes, we are ALL human.

Now let's all move on.

John

willo
Topic Author

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:35 am

Eric, I was not objecting to the shot - merely the way the rules are being interpreted.

If you don't like the photo then you don't have to look at it.

This shot is in there with all your other brilliant pictures from SXM's so you can't really be off from seeing it! (and judging by the hits it may be frontpage soon)

It is a great shot, a great composition

Yes it is, I wish I could take pictures of that standard. But the fact is the previous debate was pretty heated and in view of what was said then I assumed the shots like this were not acceptable any more. Johan has OK'd it, so fine.

Now, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE in the name of forgiveness delete this thread as the forum is returning to the nice place that it used to be and this little rotten egg may whip up another riot.

...that was not intended. However, what is the point of a forum if we can't debate such things?

duck 

JAT74L

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:43 am

Willo,

Yes you have a point and perhaps I am wrong in asking for censorship (as there was a fair share of that last time too).

It's just that I see the wounds healing quite nicely here and don't want this to turn into another frenzy. As I keep saying - maybe some lessons have been learned. Hence the acceptance of Eric's fine photograph.

Regards

John

fergulmcc

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:45 am

Quoting JAT74L (Reply 8):
Now, I hope that common sense has prevailed and, as I said earler, lessons have been learnt. Yes, we are ALL human.

Now let's all move on.

Hear hear!!  bigthumbsup  Well said John

Quoting FL350 (Reply 7):
Off course we are humans and sometimes there can be mistakes.

Exactly

Now, can we close this subject and get on with photography!

Fergul Big grin

PS: I think it should have been rejected for bad disatnce and bad center,  rotfl 
Zambian Airways, Where the Eagles fly free!!

siggi757

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:41 am

It is a great photo and did you guys notice the photographer taking pictures of the girls. That dude got his priorities right.  bouncy 

Great shot with that extra touch of humor.  Smile

Cheers