Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mario340
Topic Author

Quality Motiv Editing Soft Dark?

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am

https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...ns/big/20061010_CRW_4885-01www.jpg

I won't appeal because I don't want to get on screener's nerves.  Wink
But c'mon, 5 different reasons? Especially motiv? I have a lot of pictures in the database like this...
And dark? Eh? I mean... - it was dark. Yes, of course it is dark.

And now start with all the comments like "yes, the screeners are right".
Here we go...  Wink

Mario

Jan Mogren

RE: Quality Motiv Editing Soft Dark?

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:17 am

I thought it was good when they stated all reasons?

/JM

D L X

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:18 am

I think the Motive rejection makes the most sense. You cut off the tail in this crop.

It's definitely soft around the tail. I don't get the dark rejection, or the editing rejection. As for Quality, well, that's a personal pet peeve of mine, but in this case the screener did it in a very helpful way.

I wouldn't knock the screener for giving you a bunch of reasons. My usual complaint (that I know a lot of people here share) is that there are too few reasons, so you don't get guidance on what to do to fix it. Be glad!

mario340
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:23 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):
You cut off the tail in this crop.

Yes, I did. Because I like it this way. This is what I did a thousand times with my shots.

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):
Be glad!

Ok, I am.  Wink

Mario

ptrjong

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:55 am

In my opinion, you can cut the tail (or wings) when that allows you to show more of the rest of the plane. That's not the case here, there's just a ton of grass underneath. Anyway, i feel it's cluttered and unattractive, sorry.

Peter Smile

eadster

Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:58 am

All along I and others have been asking if there is more than one rejection reason, to let us know. They've done it here, so you were lucky and should be thanking the screeners.

Quality - Overall the quality of this image is a bit below the anet par. It's very jaggered in some spots, mainly the trailing edge of the wing, and the windows right along the aircraft.

Motiv - Might be the cutting off of the tail as mentioned. I'm not too sure. I personally don't mind a bit of the tail cut off from time to time if it suits the image but thats me.

Soft - It's Vignetted - the tail is soft where as the rest of the aircraft is sharper yes but its also jaggered to the max!

Dark - Did you check the histogram on this shot before uploading or during editing? I think you'll find an issue there when you do.

Psych

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:27 am

I have to agree with the others here Mario - many have been asking screeners to clarify all the reasons to reject if there are more than one.

I would just add one thing - for me a bigger motive problem than the cropped tail is the background US aircraft behind the nose. The fact that it is the same livery makes it even more of a problem, as it rather 'disguises' where the main subject's edges are - if you see what I mean; it interferes with the outline of the nose. If I were judging the shot that would be the more pertinent criticism - though I would also agree that in a shot like this, where there is a lot of space below the aircraft, I would much prefer to see the complete aircraft without the tip of the tail removed.

Cheers.

Paul

mario340
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:01 am

Thanks for your replies guys.

Mario

pavvyben

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:22 am

Maybe add over sharpened aswell,

I think its good that they add all the reasons for rejection, at least then you can give it a shot at fixing them if possible.