Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JetJock22
Topic Author

Boston Photography

Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:55 am

Hey all. I will be in Boston Tuesday-Thursday of next week (8/14-8/16) for training. I will be arriving on B6 flight 1266 from CMH at 1:40pm tuesday and would like to do some shooting that evening. If anyone would like to meet up that would be awesome.

INNflight

RE: Boston Photography

Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:46 am

Hi Jeremy,

Hope you don't mind I add a line to yours  Wink

Will be in BOS August 21st to 24th and would want to spend an evening (or morning) or two at the airport and do some shooting, weather permitting of course.
Anybody around eventually?

Cheers,
Florian
Jet Visuals

dvincent

Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:18 am

I'd be willing to hang out with you guys, weather permitting.

I get out of work at 6 o'clock and then it takes about 45 minutes to get to Logan on a good day from Waltham.
From the Mind of Minolta

michlis

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:16 am

Too bad you couldn't stick around for the weekend...there is going to be an air show at Pease ANG in Portsmouth, NH. I'll be there with 20D and my new Sigma APO lense.  Smile
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles.

JetJock22
Topic Author

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:28 pm

Quoting Dvincent (Reply 2):
I'd be willing to hang out with you guys, weather permitting

Shoot me a PM and I will let you know where I am staying.

SNATH

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:21 pm

Hey guys,

I also live in the Boston area (I live 15m north-west of Boston). Regarding spotting: BOS is just not spotting friendly. There are a couple of areas at the parking lots with a good view of the "action", but security will hassle you super quickly if you stay there more than a few minutes. Same for taking pictures inside the terminal.

The best place to take pictures of incoming planes is actually Castle Island:

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/metroboston/castle.htm

This is under the flight path, if the planes land on 4L/R. Check this site to see what the landing pattern of the day is (if you check the 4 miles range on the map, you'll see where castle island is).

http://www4.passur.com/bos.html

In theory, you should not get hassled for taking pictures from there, given that it's a public area. Still, I was hassled by random strangers ("why do you like taking pictures of the underside of planes?") on a few occasions... and it's getting tiresome very quickly.

Quoting JetJock22 (Thread starter):
Hey all. I will be in Boston Tuesday-Thursday of next week (8/14-8/16) for training. I will be arriving on B6 flight 1266 from CMH at 1:40pm tuesday and would like to do some shooting that evening. If anyone would like to meet up that would be awesome.

This week is very busy for me, unfortunately. Sad But, have a safe flight over tomorrow and have a good time in Boston. If you're looking for things to do / see, please get in touch through IM and I can make suggestions.

Quoting INNflight (Reply 1):
Will be in BOS August 21st to 24th and would want to spend an evening (or morning) or two at the airport and do some shooting, weather permitting of course.
Anybody around eventually?

Florian, next week might be a bit better, provided that I can get away from my girlfriend for a few hours!  Smile Get in touch through IM, if you want, and I'll give you my contact details. I can also recommend touristy things to do too.

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.