Screener
Topic Author

Rejections That I Can't Understand

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi,
these pictures have been rejected today:

Soft and Unlevel

https://www.airliners.net/uf/view.fil...d=536908993&filename=php5zYj3z.jpg

In my eyes not soft and not unlevel. The only valid horizon is the fence behind.

There is no picture of this airliner in the database.

Soft

https://www.airliners.net/uf/536908993/phpagj32s.jpg

Looks sharp on my EIZO.

I appealed both pictures and got the same rejection without any comment. What do you think
about the pictures. Not good enough?

Thanks for help!

Klaus

timdegroot

RE: Rejections That I Can't Understand

Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Hi Klaus

I see where you may be confused. I think that the photos are sharp but with soft areas. The Germanwings is a bit soft on the rear and tail and the tarom has some soft spots as well. Use selective sharpening and you should be fine!

Cheers
Tim
Alderman Exit

carlos
Screener
Topic Author

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi Tim,

thanks for reply. But what about the level rejection of the Germanwings. I don't know what to change.
The only line which is level is the groundline of the fence. This line is level (I checked it again with
Photoshop).

Greetings
Klaus

tu154haj

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:12 pm

I have a much better one!!!

Look at this one: https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...big/20080201_SBH-20061122-5305.jpg
It´s an airport overview! I dont put any registration, type or airline in the fields. Only Airport and marked category "airport overview"...

Photo get rejected due to missing registration! Comment: enter Registration of closest aircraft...

Ok. second try... now with registration of the twin-otter in front... also rejected... reason: bad double - you have a simular pic of this aircraft already in the database...

I think they mean this shot: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-A..._id=1154022&next_id=1150987&size=L

... but in my opinion its not simular... its completly different...

Anybody knows what to do...? ( I don't like to use a wrong registration )

Thanks Olaf

ptrjong

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:27 pm

Quoting Tu154HAJ (Reply 3):
Anybody knows what to do...? ( I don't like to use a wrong registration )

You can appeal. If you lose, you can accept that or re-upload with a wrong registration in which case you will be banned for a year or two, and so should you.  Angry

Peter
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

ghost77

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Quoting Carlos (Thread starter):

Small CCW correction is needed on the Germanwings.

g77

wukka

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:43 am

Re: the Germanwings photo...

What exactly are the screeners going for? Is it the plane itself, or the plane in relation to its environment? I've often wondered this.

That said, it's not as though every taxiway / runway is +/- 0.00 degrees. On the other hand, the guys that put up the sign in front of the nose of the plane probably plumbed that thing out to at least the nearest half-inch to vertical. Run a line across the horizontal of that sign, which was certainly manufactured to specs of 4 90% angles, and you have a perfectly horizontal shot (I opened it in PS for references).

That said, with the little bit of CCW rotation that the plane needs to be completely horizontal on the ground, it would no longer be in its "natural environment".

I'm not really an airplane photographer, but I do shoot a lot of other outdoorsey stuff, and I personally try to keep everything in its natural state (i.e if my level says that it's level, then I leave it as is... if it's off, say a handheld shot, I'll correct to an object that I believe to be the closest thing to a true vertical or horizontal)

It's be interesting to see all of the takeoff pictures on this site showing trees and buildings pointed a good 20-30 degrees off into the sky.  Smile

Just some curious thoughts/questions about how this site works. Please don't be offended.
We can agree to disagree.

carlos
Screener
Topic Author

Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi,

I startet a new edit of the picture because the picture lost quality after rotation.
Here is it: The first picture of D-AGWH at A-Net.:

https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/D-AGWH_0302a.jpg

Greetings to all and thanks for help!

Klaus

ghost77

Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Hey Carlos,

It is perfectly leveled now!

g77

9VSMS

Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Quoting Carlos (Reply 7):
I startet a new edit of the picture because the picture lost quality after rotation.
Here is it: The first picture of D-AGWH at A-Net.:

https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/b...a.jpg

Unfortunately it's still soft. Just look at the Germanwings titles on the side of the plane and the windows. They are virtually blurred.

scx737

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:10 am

looks to bright, the german wings tail
josh williams suncountry fan

oly720man

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:41 am

Quoting Tu154HAJ (Reply 3):
also rejected... reason: bad double - you have a simular pic of this aircraft already in the database...

I presume that it's because the photos are on the same day (22nd November 2006) and the accepted photo was probably taken only a few seconds after the rejected one.

and.... according to the list of commandments.......

In order to receive this rejection, the other (similar) photos in the database must also have been taken by you, at the same day and at the same airport. Please do not upload multiple sequential shots of an aircraft during landing, taxiing or take-off, taken only a few seconds apart. Even though these photos may appear to be from different angles, we consider them similar.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain