Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jplphoto
Topic Author

Priority Screening

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:16 am

Hello,
I just wanted to question whether or not greenie/unpainted, fresh from the factory shots are accepted through priority screening. I ask because I uploaded shots on priority of today's P8 at RNT. The response by the screener was; "We do not offer priority screening for unpainted aircrafts."
At the same time, two of my friends shots from today were uploaded priority of the same aircraft and were accepted: https://www.airliners.net/search/phot...gsearch=N541BA&distinct_entry=true
If green/unpainted a/c are not accepted priority - why were some accepted as such and some not of this milestone first flight?
The photos not uploaded in question:
https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/b...ready/v1240703239.9824dpp_0001.jpg
https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/b...ready/k1240703631.0917dpp_0002.jpg
Thanks,
Jeremy of JplPhoto

[Edited 2009-04-25 18:20:29]

Fly747

RE: Priority Screening

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:24 am

Appeal and if the photos are up to the current standards they should be accepted.
At least that's what I did when the same thing happened to me.

Ivan

jplphoto
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 am

I did Ivan, and I did not receive any response. I have since also submitted an additional hotphoto, along with my appeal for the P8, for flydubai.

Silver1SWA

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:08 am

First of all, your first shot is unlevel so that will still need to be fixed whether it counts as priority or not.

And I understand that priority applies to shots of the same aircraft within 24 hours of the first upload/acceptance. Therefore, if your friends' shots got priority, yours should too as long as they are uploaded in the proper time frame. Can someone confirm this as correct?

My guess is that when you uploaded and sent the email for priority you were not very clear as to why you thought they deserve priority and therefore the screener probably thought they were just your every-day shot of a brand new unpainted aircraft.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

jplphoto
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:13 am

"My guess is that when you uploaded and sent the email for priority you were not very clear as to why you thought they deserve priority and therefore the screener probably thought they were just your every-day shot of a brand new unpainted aircraft.":

The wording from my email:
"The following two photos both qualify as hot photos for the first P-8 flight (first actual airborne photos):"

Pretty clear to me.

I leveled the green roof evenly on the first, but I can see you point.

[Edited 2009-04-25 19:13:54]

jorge1812

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Quoting Jplphoto (Reply 4):
"The following two photos both qualify as hot photos for the first P-8 flight (first actual airborne photos):"

Guess the screener wasn't aware what P-8 means or thought of P8 (2-letter code). IIRC priority lasts for 24h after the first upload of a certain a/c -> yours would qualify if up to standards.

My hint for the next time

Quoting Jplphoto (Reply 4):
The following two photos both qualify as hot photos

Would not write that they qualify - write about what you uploaded and that it was the first flight/appearance and so on. Also note that HOT PHOTO is the other site and some people here are very sensitive about that (it's like ordering Chicken MC nuggets at Burger King instead of Chicken Nuggets only).

georg

jplphoto
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 pm

So,
I was written back to by two screeners. The second shot (the better one to me) was rejected as a double. The first was rejected for three different reason by two different screeners: unlevel, soft, blurry.
I don't see where the blurry comes in other than that I panned the shot. The aircraft is fairly sharp. But whatever. It is over and done with.
The screeners admitted that the other two shots should not have been uploaded priority.

jorge1812

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:17 pm

Would you please post the pics? Links in post 1 are not working anymore.

georg

clickhappy

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Jeremey - if you disagree with the rejection reason(s) that is what the appeal function is for.

With regards to the second shot being rejected as double - it is not the screeners responsibility to pick which photo is the "good" one - that responsibility lies with the photographer.

Our rules are fairly clear with regards to uploading sequence shots. If you are unfamiliar with these rules they are:

Please do not upload multiple sequential shots of an aircraft during landing, taxiing or take-off, taken only a few seconds apart. Even though these photos may appear to be from different angles, we consider them similar. Please select the best shot from the sequence and upload only that one.

You can read more here:

https://www.airliners.net/procphotos/reasons.php

RonS

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:37 pm

So much for a welcome back Jeremy!

O'well, I do hope you get more of your talented panning shots accepted soon. Looking foward to them.
All opinions expressed by me are my own opinions & do not represent the opinions in any way of my employers.

jplphoto
Topic Author

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Thanks for the info Royal. I did happen to be unaware. I don't upload here often.