Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Plainplane

RE: For Those Who Think This Is A Fake...

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:33 pm

Definitely a perfect example of being at the right place at the right time. Well done Paulo.  bigthumbsup 

ptrjong

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Quoting Zbot69 (Reply 49):

It's quite simple: for A.net, any editing that replaces pixels or moves them into another position (except cloning out dust spots) is totally unacceptable.

I was banned myself once, deservedly, for cloning somebody's arm out of the edge of a photo. This was a run of the mill picture and the manipulation did not touch the subject of the shot, and the screeners still spotted it.

Spectacular photos are given an even better look I'm sure, and I think the number of faked spectacular shots in the database will be very close to zero. Certainly, anyone who cares about his or her reputation here would run a huge risk by uploading one.

My own most popular picture on here was claimed to be a fake in a few other internet places, but it just made me laugh.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Peter de Jong

Peter Smile

HAWK21M

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Thats a Fantastic catch......Congrats.
regds
MEL.

inavia

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:21 am

Paulo,
no need to explain! Simply a great shot, and the sequence shown is even greater to have a "full picture" of what happened. Obrigado for posting them.
Regarding those comments declaring your pictures "fake": Envy is the ultimate expression for recognition!
Brgds
Thomas

PMN

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Someone was questioning how real this image is on another forum not yet mentioned here and I can't understand why because it's so very obviously real. A spectacular capture!

Shame about the dust spots though...

-runs and hides-  Big grin

Paul

speedracer189

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 am

Are the other pics from that event going to be uploaded?

I would really like to see the compression/distortion on the left gear.

JohnKrist
Head Support

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:06 pm

I had no doubts it was real, it has been sitting on my desktop since the day it was uploaded, spectacular picture!

ilpavone2004

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Well i had the same problem with my photo! Some people thought it was totally photoshopped

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Ethio...d=86efb14035d59fb6a1de29047576b583

I'm quite happy about this because i feel like i've captured something that many other people would like to capture too.

BTW your photo is really fantastic,

Best Regards,

Mattia

unattendedbag

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Quoting Chris78cpr (Reply 2):
I'd love to see that frame from the bottom left of the slide larger and edited for anet!

Quoting Sharktt (Reply 3):
Chris, are you talking about the 5th picture? If so, I've sent it today to A.net, so in about a week or so it should be online, if accepted!

what happened?

speedracer189

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:35 am

Quoting UnattendedBag (Reply 58):
what happened?

You wonder.

The suck with this website just gets stronger and stronger.  Yeah sure

Silver1SWA

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 am

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 55):
Are the other pics from that event going to be uploaded?

Here...

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 13):
Watch out for the "Double" rejection...

Rejected for double is my guess. Without the screeners giving themselves the option to accept doubles under special circumstance, his second upload violates the double criteria. It sucks, but that's just how it is. And with no response from the screening team concerning the recent "double" discussions, it appears there is no hope for change in the future.

ptrjong

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Yes, the screeners should allow themselves to make exceptions to the double rule, as I have argued in that other thread.

Peter Smile

unattendedbag

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 am

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 60):
Rejected for double is my guess.

That would be logical. But Paulo still hasn't answered the question.

Quoting Ptrjong (Reply 61):
the screeners should allow themselves to make exceptions to the double rule, as I have argued in that other thread.

No can of worms there!  Smile

Sharktt
Topic Author

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:32 pm

Yes, it was rejected for double... Oh well, their loss. I'm not going to send anymore of this sequence to A.net.

I'm sorry for the delayed response, but I've had quite a couple of weeks full of work!! And I'm sorry for those I still didn't respond! I will, when I have some time left

My best regards
Paulo

unattendedbag

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Quoting Sharktt (Reply 63):
Yes, it was rejected for double...

If you get a chance and are willing, we would love to see that second photo up close. It is almost as dramatic as the one that got accepted.  Smile

speedracer189

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:43 am

Yes, it was rejected for double... Oh well, their loss. I'm not going to send anymore of this sequence to A.net.

Another loss due to A-net incompetence. Good job guys.  Yeah sure

mirage

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:20 am

Now imagine the quantity of good photos rejected because of a... "rule"!?!? it's weird that Airliners.net wants more "creative" photos, whatever that is, but rejects good and, documentally speaking, very important images due to a rigid rule. This is just food for thought as I think Airliners.net have space to improve and should not be static to the present rules.

Luis

speedracer189

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:14 pm

Yes, it was rejected for double... Oh well, their loss. I'm not going to send anymore of this sequence to A.ne

Look at all the doubles on the front page right now.  Yeah sure

Silver1SWA

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 67):
Look at all the doubles on the front page right now

Are they all from the same photographer? The double rule applies to multiple shots from the same photog.

mirage

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

There are doubles, photo taken from the same side, of the same N787BA, by the same photographer.

Luis

lochgilp

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:28 am

Quoting Mirage (Reply 69):
There are doubles, photo taken from the same side, of the same N787BA, by the same photographer.

But, as far as I can see, at different airports. Therefore not doubles.

Airplanepics

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

View Large View Medium

Photo © Simon Nicholls - London Aviation Photography

I still get emails today asking if my photo above is faked - really does make me laugh!

unattendedbag

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 67):
Look at all the doubles on the front page right now.

Please read the double rule before posting.

https://www.airliners.net/faq/rejection_reasons.php#double

mirage

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Quoting Lochgilp (Reply 70):
Quoting Mirage (Reply 69):

But, as far as I can see, at different airports. Therefore not doubles.

No, both at Everett.

Luis

Silver1SWA

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Quoting Mirage (Reply 73):
No, both at Everett.

I'm not seeing anything of N787BA that qualifies as double. I think the screeners have consistently applied the rule here.

speedracer189

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Quoting UnattendedBag (Reply 72):

Please read the double rule before posting.

https://www.airliners.net/faq/rejection_reasons.php#double

Boy this place loves to have its little rules. The more rules you have the less pics you will get. No wonder you got passed up by the most popular Airplane photo database on the internet. This site should be used as a case study of how one takes all the fun out of airplane spotting.

unattendedbag

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 pm

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 75):
Boy this place loves to have its little rules. The more rules you have the less pics you will get. No wonder you got passed up by the most popular Airplane photo database on the internet. This site should be used as a case study of how one takes all the fun out of airplane spotting.

Your relatively new here, so I will be gentle.

Without rules pertaining to the quality and quantity of photos uploaded to this site from a single individual, we might see 6 photos of a single touchdown, 8 photos of a cabin interior, 3 photos of a single departure, from one single photographer. That would be unnecessary and over the top. The rules are in place to be fair to EVERYONE. Anyone that wants to upload a shot of the first Dreamliner departure is welcome to do so, ANYONE. If anyone was lucky enough to capture the departure, landing and taxi of that aircraft, that falls within the rules and is acceptable.

Some rules are relaxed as to the quality of special event photos. I would hope that those photos (in the coming days) would be reworked to fit more in line with the standards this site holds.

No one has told Paulo that he can't upload any of his photos to another site. He is more than welcome to. If they accept all 6 approach and touchdown shots, that's great! Good for them! Good for Paulo! But this site doesn't, as it wouldn't be fair to EVERYONE if this site accepted multiple approach shots of one person and not another, regardless of how "special" the circumstances may have been.

Every photo on this site tells a story and is special in one way or another to the photographer. To say that the subject of one photo is "better" or more worthy of acceptance than another just wouldn't be fair.

unattendedbag

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 75):
No wonder you got passed up by the most popular Airplane photo database on the internet.

What? Did I miss something? There is an "Airplane photo database" that's more popular? Where?

speedracer189

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 pm

Quoting UnattendedBag (Reply 76):

Quoting UnattendedBag (Reply 76):
Your relatively new here, so I will be gentle.

Without rules pertaining to the quality and quantity of photos uploaded to this site from a single individual, we might see 6 photos of a single touchdown, 8 photos of a cabin interior, 3 photos of a single departure, from one single photographer. That would be unnecessary and over the top. The rules are in place to be fair to EVERYONE. Anyone that wants to upload a shot of the first Dreamliner departure is welcome to do so, ANYONE. If anyone was lucky enough to capture the departure, landing and taxi of that aircraft, that falls within the rules and is acceptable.

Some rules are relaxed as to the quality of special event photos. I would hope that those photos (in the coming days) would be reworked to fit more in line with the standards this site holds.

No one has told Paulo that he can't upload any of his photos to another site. He is more than welcome to. If they accept all 6 approach and touchdown shots, that's great! Good for them! Good for Paulo! But this site doesn't, as it wouldn't be fair to EVERYONE if this site accepted multiple approach shots of one person and not another, regardless of how "special" the circumstances may have been.

Every photo on this site tells a story and is special in one way or another to the photographer. To say that the subject of one photo is "better" or more worthy of acceptance than another just wouldn't be fair.

New, really. Your wrong on that one. I was here when Johan was here. When he was here there was a spirit of friendship and comradery. People used to come to this site because they knew there where friends here with like interests. Then, once apon a time someone came here and replaced Johan. That person or entaty was only interested in advertising revenue. That is when this site died. That is when Photogs began pulling their pics. That is when the people with soles left this site. For you to lecture me on what this site is is truly pitiful. If you were here when this was the REAL Airlines you would know what I mean. Unfortunately that time is gone.

unattendedbag

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:14 am

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 78):
That is when the people with soles left this site.

Soles? As in feet? Do you maybe mean "soul".

Quoting Speedracer189 (Reply 78):
For you to lecture me on what this site is is truly pitiful.

Lecture? Ha! We are discussing a rule, a rule that was around when Johan was here. I have been here much longer than you and I have trudged through the photo upload process both before and after Johan's departure. There have been some changes regarding what's accepted here and many of them have been for the better.

As a site goes forward, things change. Some things change for the better and some for the worse. It sucks sometimes, but you have to adapt and grow or leave. No one is forcing you to stay. Legitimate complaints have a forum here, but to cry for the way it used to be is truly pitiful.

btw, where is this "most popular" statistic you talked about?

speedracer189

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:29 am

Quoting UnattendedBag (Reply 79):
Legitimate complaints have a forum here, .

Your are wrong on that one. They get deleted. If you have been here as long as you say you would know this.

speedracer189

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:32 am

Also, if what you say is true why cant Photogs make comments in site related??

mirage

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:32 pm

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 74):
Quoting Mirage (Reply 73):
No, both at Everett.

I'm not seeing anything of N787BA that qualifies as double. I think the screeners have consistently applied the rule here.

Isn't this a double? or am I missing something?

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

Luis

waketurbulence

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Quoting Mirage (Reply 82):

Luis, how do you know that those shots are taken on the same day?
-Matt

unattendedbag

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Quoting Mirage (Reply 82):

For his own reason, Royal didn't include the exact date of the photo. A screener should have questioned him about it. If they did prove to be taken on different days, it would not be a double rejection.

There is no way for a casual viewer to know for certain they were taken on different days just by looking at the photos. We have to hope the screeners are doing their job.  Smile

mirage

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I see, so if taken on different days they are not doubles. I confess I didn't know that rule, thanks.

Luis

lanpie

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Amazing photo

Pierre Langklois

ptrjong

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Quoting Mirage (Reply 85):

When taken at different days, they can be still considered doubles if the screeners decide they are really similar and uninteresting enough. I guess that's not the case here  Smile

bottie

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:01 pm

For me, that's a double  Wink

I'm not a screener, Royal is....