rootsair
Topic Author

Very Pleased With My New Canon 7D

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi folks,

Last september, I ordered the new canon 7D as a replacement to my Canon 400D. It took two months before I recieved it and was becoming really impatient top get my new camera.
I wanted to upgrade to a higher end camera and I am extremely pleased after 2 weeks of using it. Its ISO performance is excellent thanks to its new DIGICIV processor and its HD filming feature is also fantastic.
Anyone here also owns the 7D? What are your impressions
Rather than making a whole review I will share some pics I took with the new camera

1) Video :Burning cars and firemen who intervene (flimed with canon 7D)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEQUAKHIhKk

2) Beginning of the demonstration:
http://www.redoutenyon.com/images/car4.jpg

3)Cars burning
http://www.redoutenyon.com/images/car5.jpg
4) Car explosion
http://www.redoutenyon.com/images/car1.jpg

5) Car explosion
http://www.redoutenyon.com/images/car2.jpg

6)Firemen in action
http://www.redoutenyon.com/images/car6.jpg

Below is a picture at f/4.0, 1/30 s and ISO 1600. As you can see there is littlegrain making a great difference with my old 400D
http://www.redoutenyon.com/images/red7d.jpg

Too these demonstrations get tarnished and take out all dcredit to anti globalization movements

Regards

BM  airplane  wave 
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

draigonair

RE: Very Pleased With My New Canon 7D

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:32 pm

Wow great photos mate!!

cheers nick
cheers

chris78cpr

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 am

Nice photos Roots!

That 6th shot of the fireman spraying the hose is a great capture.

I got my 7D on Friday and havn't had the chance to use it in anger yet as the weather was awful all weekend here in my part of the UK!

My first impressions from using it around the house so far is that it is a great camera and i can see it doing exactly what i want it to do very well!

Im off to LA this weekend so will be putting the camera through it's paces at Imperial Hill on Sat! I'll post my thoughts after i've had a proper go with it.

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

smallende

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 am

Very nice pics Roots. Congrats for your new toy  thumbsup 

Plainplane

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:41 am

I am also the proud owner of an EOS 7D. It takes some getting used to (this is my first DSLR) but I can definitely tell it is a great camera and I am very happy with my purchase.

rootsair
Topic Author

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:28 am

Quoting DRAIGONAIR (Reply 1):
Wow great photos mate!!

cheers nick

Quoting Chris78cpr (Reply 2):
Nice photos Roots!

Quoting Smallende (Reply 3):
Very nice pics Roots. Congrats for your new toy

Thanks mates! I'll post up a link to the flickr album as soon as I have finished processing all the raw files

I got my 7D on Friday and havn't had the chance to use it in anger yet as the weather was awful all weekend here in my part of the UK!

My first impressions from using it around the house so far is that it is a great camera and i can see it doing exactly what i want it to do very well!

You'll see its an amazing camera whic has lived up to all my expectations !

Quoting Plainplane (Reply 4):
I am also the proud owner of an EOS 7D. It takes some getting used to (this is my first DSLR) but I can definitely tell it is a great camera and I am very happy with my purchase.

Wow, now that's one hell of a DSLR to begin with! Excellent choice !!!

Regards BM  airplane  wave 
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

GrahamHill

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:01 am

That 6th shot of the fireman spraying the hose is a great capture.

Indeed, that's the one that got my attention the most. It's a very fine photo!

I also like the Car explosion (#5), although it breaks my heart to see one of my favourite cars burning  crying 
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

Fly-K

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:19 am

So far I'm happy with my 7D too, although I'm probably not fully making use of all its advantages yet. Due to the much higher resolution compared to my previous camera (30D), I've decided to upload at 1,200 pixel width now (iso 1,024).
Starting with the Dubai Air Show, all my photos are taken with the 7D now.
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

Samuel32

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:56 pm

They lit up a CLS 63 AMG?!

I'm torn between upgrading to 7D or getting some L glass. I'm not very convinced about ISO 400 on the 7D just yet.

NicolasRubio

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Quoting Samuel32 (Reply 8):
I'm torn between upgrading to 7D or getting some L glass. I'm not very convinced about ISO 400 on the 7D just yet.

I am in the same place... I could get the 400mm f/5.6L, but the I'm tired of the small, plasticky, Rebel body and AF! I mean, the XSi is an AMAZING camera! Some reviews even prove that XSi's images upsampled to 18mp are better than 7D's images... but I need a REAL body too and I don't want to take the plunge for a used Mark III. I can't decide on what to buy!
Gripped 7D + Sigma 10-20mm + 17-40L + 50mm f/1.8 II + 70-200mm f/4L IS + EF 400mm f/5.6L + 580EX II

draigonair

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:17 pm

Quoting NicolasRubio (Reply 9):
the XSi is an AMAZING camera! Some reviews even prove that XSi's images upsampled to 18mp are better than 7D's images

That was one opinion, which was debated a lot on the internet (i think i know which review you mean). Dont believe everything you read on the internet  Smile

cheers and good luck with choosing!

Nick
cheers

JohnKrist
Head Support

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Good to see some nice 7D images. Getting mine next week. Been using a 50D so the upgrade is not that big and I doubt I'll shoot much video with it. I'll use my HG21 for vid... What sold me was the 100% view finder and built in flash control. I was basically in the store to buy an ST-E2 when I read that 7D had it built in, so why spend $300 on that? So I sold my 50D and got a 7D instead  Smile
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS II, Canon 50mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4 ART, Sigma 105mm 1.4 ART, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT