Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

na
Topic Author

Professional´s Website With Excellent Air To Air

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:34 pm

http://www.matthias-just.com/

Some great stuff here, air-to-air and other. Check it out.

boeingfreak

RE: Professional´s Website With Excellent Air To Air

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:52 pm

Great photoshop skills I'd say.

na
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Quoting boeingfreak (Reply 1):
Great photoshop skills I'd say.

Sure. Like for most professional photographers today thats almost as important as the shooting itself.

diezel

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:32 pm

Check out Paul Bowen: http://www.airtoair.net/gallery/gallery-vortices.htm

I met him this year and he is an extremely nice guy with superior photo skills. The master of vortices. He has published many books.

Roel.
Never be afraid of what you like. (Miles Davis)

INNflight

Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Jet Visuals

ZeroNineLeft

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:21 pm

too much photoshop for me

i prefer that jessica site nice
slow site but nice shots

Steve
cleared to land 09L

raedervision

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:11 am

Jessica and Paul...some of the very best there is. And they don't need photoshop.

cpd

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:00 am

Jessica's photos are superb.

johnmiller

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Good photographer and sure, great photoshop skills, that's what a lot of it is about today. The question I ask is; "Who is pushing boundaries" with air 2 air in particular? One is this guy: http://www.axstalphoto.com

Claes Axstal is doing things I never thought possible but look at his flash guns!

There are some great aviation photographers in the USA. Jessica Ambats of course but have you seen Tyson Rininger at TVR Photography? EAA's Jim Koepnik is good and so is Mike Fizer.

The US at least pays fair money for imagery so these guys and girls can at least make a living from it as well as afford the best equipment.

damien846

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Quoting johnmiller (Reply 8):
Good photographer and sure, great photoshop skills, that's what a lot of it is about today. The question I ask is; "Who is pushing boundaries" with air 2 air in particular? One is this guy: http://www.axstalphoto.com

**** me they are great shots............that has to be one big flashgun!
Thanks for sharing the link.

soon7x7

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 am

Quoting na (Reply 2):
Like for most professional photographers today thats almost as important as the shooting itself.

Not really...!...Most of my clients want the true capture...photoshop is for illustrators...not for pro photogs. What would you have done to satisfy clients if we were still using celluloid?

cpd

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 am

Quoting soon7x7 (Reply 10):
Not really...!...Most of my clients want the true capture...photoshop is for illustrators...not for pro photogs.

You've just put down an enormous amount of absolute pro-photographers who do use photoshop, or equivalent programs for processing/editing of images.

I'm thinking of people like Jasin Boland - who is one of the big name photographers. You might not have heard the name, but you will have seen his images. Think the poster image for "The Matrix". He took that image:

http://mynikonlife.com.au/jasinboland

[Edited 2010-11-08 20:52:11]

ElpinDAB

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 am

Quoting INNflight (Reply 4):
http://www.jessicaambats.com

Hadn't seen her's before, thanks!

Then, there are all the classics, such as Paul Bowen, George Hall, etc...all the greats at the genre, who have the reputation to demand the funding, which is what really matters.

First, what technique did the originally linked photog use? It almost appears as if he took well-exposed back-lit aircraft shots (that would negate the problem of a reflected background for a false background), and pasted them to an HDR'd background. I really don't wish to deprive him of anything that he did though. I, personally love the shots, and those whom I've sent them to have also loved them. They are unique and surrealistic. Aviation is too technical, and the art has suffered as a result. It's about time for surrealistic A2A's though. We have seen every biz jet available for this, and anything heavier than a mid-sized biz jet is too expensive for a specialized A2A shot while cloud dancing vortices.

I have never posted my A2A's since I need to protect the opportunities of my fellow pilots. I have had a session with a 20d + Lglass on a close formation flight. I have another chance to organize an A2A within the next year, and I'd like to hear back about Matthias' photos....my requestor loves this guy's surrealistic photos, and I'd like to do the best for him. Help me out! I'll start my own thread, if needed.

Edit: My mistake for posting the surrealistic photos, since they would require many resources...I see how to make them real, but it would require alot.

[Edited 2010-11-10 00:10:15]

soon7x7

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:54 am

Quoting cpd (Reply 11):
You've just put down an enormous amount of absolute pro-photographers who do use photoshop

Don't mean it to be a put down but good work should require little PS unless the client wants a grossly modified image/illustration. While PS is a great tool personally I try to avoid needing it as much as possible...I feel it can make you a lazy photographer. (All flamers...please clean up the ashes when your done? )