tbar220
Topic Author

Chicago O'Hare Spotters Group

Thu May 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Good afternoon! Coming to you from windy, spring-like Chicago. Also coming to you as a veteran (grandfather?) user of airliners.net for over 14 years, I've come back after a two year sabbatical (vacation?)! Miss me much?

Anyways, I've been looking all over the inter-webs and this website for evidence of some sort of Chicago O'Hare spotters group. I cannot for the life of me find one and am interested in starting one. What I am looking at is having a meetup once a month, maybe more if there is interest. If something like this exists already, I would love to know about it.

BUT....

If it doesn't exist, I would love to start one. Before I do, I need to gauge interest and see how many of you are out there. As long as you are ok reaching out to you via this website, I would love to see who would like to do this with me. While spotting is fun alone, it's more fun geeking out over these aircraft together. Ever seen a KLM 747 go-around at O'Hare on an extra windy day? Every seen it by yourself? It's just... well... not as fun.

So let me know, and I would love to get this off the ground (pun intended) or just join one that already is.
NO URLS in signature

powwwiii
Screener

RE: Chicago O'Hare Spotters Group

Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 pm

This might be what you are looking for, most local ORD spotters are members of this group.

http://ordairportwatch.org/

gabik001

Fri May 02, 2014 3:49 am

It was established in April 2010 with few of us at former Aviation World store with Bensenville P.D.
Now group counts over 200 souls and growing. If you want to join the group or find more please visit Aviation Universe store in Bensenville across Village Hall building. You can submit there filled form to join the group ( background check required) then you will receive personal I.D. and can buy items like ORD A.W. vest, car magnet etc.
A lot of us meets weekdays and weekends at most known spotting locations. Mostly for taking some good shots...
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

tbar220
Topic Author

Wed May 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I went to do some spotting on my own this weekend and ran into a pair of the Airport Watch community at the airport. They told me about how to apply and I went directly to Aviation Universe and filled out the application. This is a great community and I'm glad I found it; thanks for sharing the information with me.
NO URLS in signature