Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Were You Ever In Danger While Shooting An Anet Pic

Fri May 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi,

did you ever get yourself in a (potentially) dangerous situation while shooting pictures?
I mean in general, this may include physical danger or perhaps in danger of facing arrest and / or other unpleasant consequences.

My most dangerous one was accepted only yesterday!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sir Hofma

The left wing nearly took my head off!
OK, it was not THAT dramatic but when I took my eye away from the camera the wing was a lot closer to me than I had considered so I "hit the deck" as a precaution. It missed by less than a meter, I guess.
All in all it was worth it though.

Other "dangers" for me include pissed off private security guards that are in a fail to understand mode when they see a camera. I own a decent zoom lens, so when they turn around and walk away I sometimes go ahead and shoot anyway!
Once or twice I ended up clearing the scene a little hurried.......
Depending on where I am obviously, I don´t taunt police or military personnel.

Frustrating, when the mechanics and pilots are very welcoming to me but one pesky security guard interprets his orders a little bit too strictly and therefore snatches away interesting picture opportunities.
Normally when I end up talking to the local managers and I explain the whole Airliners.net phenomenon it is not a problem.
People just don´t know the affection for aviation so much, where I live.

Anything you can share in this respect.........?????

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

bennett123

RE: Were You Ever In Danger While Shooting An Anet Pic

Fri May 01, 2015 3:36 pm

I was in a Museum in Malta.

Moved back to get a better shot, and nearly went down the stairs.

Realising that your heel is supported by fresh air is quite scary, especially with stone steps.

JRadier

Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 pm

This one was fairly interesting.....

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jurgen Radier

angad84

Fri May 01, 2015 6:17 pm

Quoting notaxonrotax (Thread starter):
The left wing nearly took my head off!
OK, it was not THAT dramatic but when I took my eye away from the camera the wing was a lot closer to me than I had considered so I "hit the deck" as a precaution. It missed by less than a meter, I guess.
All in all it was worth it though.

That's an interesting story to go with a great shot!

Quoting bennett123 (Reply 1):
Realising that your heel is supported by fresh air is quite scary, especially with stone steps.

Hahaha, sometimes it's the mundane stuff that'll get ya!

Quoting JRadier (Reply 2):

I'll bet! did you duck or was there enough clearance?

For my own shooting...

The military stuff is usually fairly well controlled so nothing dangerous has ever happened to me. Sitting on top of a hangar at INS Rajali was pretty scary though!

However, there was one time that I was climbing on top of a camouflaged hardened aircraft shelter at a base for some 'interesting' shooting angles, and while tramping up in a heavy pair of boots, I felt something strange underfoot. I looked down to find I had squished a small rabbit. It must have been mucking about in the tall grass covering the shelter when I came along, and... that's all she wrote   I'm not very squeamish, but I would be lying if I didn't say my day was pretty much ruined from there on. It didn't help that none of the shots from atop the shelter passed censor approval, which meant poor little fluffy died for nothing.

On the civil side, every bit of spotting here in India is a bit of an adventure.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Angad Singh - Zone Five Aviation
View Large View Medium

Photo © Angad Singh - Zone Five Aviation

I shot these two from the slum outside the airport at BOM, with a stray dog snarling and snapping a few feet away from us (I was with local a.net photog Sanat Gaba). I was sure that I'd need a couple of rabies shots along with my shots of the queen!

Cheers
A

Dysko

Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Few minutes after taking this photo:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Giorgio Varisco

They were coming back for a low formation pass with a 3rd Stearman. I was with other spotters close to the edge of the runway.
I was taking close ups of 2 of the Stearmans, then I moved my eye from the camera and asked to a spotter near me "Where is the 3rd Stearman?"

Few seconds later we had to dive to the ground.

Not Airliners.net related, but about a year ago I was working in a small gliderport. I was walking with 2 other guys to get out of the "airside area", when a guy on the tower started shouting "RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!". A glider had aborted the takeoff, separated from the tow plane and was coming towards us unable to brake.
Me and another guy were able to miss the plane by just few centimeters, the other guy had to dive to the ground to avoid being hit by the wing.
The glider crashed against the fence. Written off, fortunately the pilot got away with only few scratches.

kann123air

Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Quoting angad84 (Reply 3):
I shot these two from the slum outside the airport at BOM, with a stray dog snarling and snapping a few feet away from us (I was with local a.net photog Sanat Gaba). I was sure that I'd need a couple of rabies shots along with my shots of the queen!

Hmm... I guess I'd visit those slums for the SP, but absolutely not for anything else!  
Quoting Dysko (Reply 4):
Few seconds later we had to dive to the ground.

Wow, scary!!
Going for great

angad84

Sat May 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Quoting kann123air (Reply 5):
Hmm... I guess I'd visit those slums for the SP, but absolutely not for anything else!

:D

Quoting Dysko (Reply 4):
I was taking close ups of 2 of the Stearmans, then I moved my eye from the camera and asked to a spotter near me "Where is the 3rd Stearman?"

I'm laughing my butt off here. Glad you're ok, but that's funny as hell!

Quoting Dysko (Reply 4):
Me and another guy were able to miss the plane by just few centimeters, the other guy had to dive to the ground to avoid being hit by the wing.

Now that's proper scary.

Cheers
Angad

NPeterman

Sat May 02, 2015 11:13 pm

I actually have one that I thinks qualifies!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Nicholas Peterman

I was camping with my father at the time, and we drove in the direction of the fire when it was little more than a rubbish-bin fire in terms of size. It got quite out of control quite quickly, and little did we know we were somehow behind the line where people had been evacuated... as far as the fire fighters knew. It quickly jumped the river to our side of the valley and thankfully we got out of dodge quickly, raced to our campground, and made tracks. There a bunch of other photos from this day that I never got around to uploading, and others that tell the story a bit better if anyone is interested in seeing the entire thing. Probably not a situation I would relish reliving if I am honest  

Nick

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Sat May 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Quoting bennett123 (Reply 1):

Hmm, ain't that the truth.....

Wow!
Amazing shot, I bet that was closer than you had anticipated!
I would have loved to be there with you......

That's an interesting story to go with a great shot!

Thanks!
Saw your comment too! Appreciated!

Well bunny killer, stray dogs would nibble your shoes if there are remnants of a rabbit on it.

You make a fair point though! Stray dogs are definitely a danger too......where I am.

Quoting Dysko (Reply 4):

That is serious stuff.
You nearly lost your life!
Nice image though.......but lucky you!

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

JRadier

Sun May 03, 2015 8:07 am

I'll bet! did you duck or was there enough clearance?
Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 8):
Wow!
Amazing shot, I bet that was closer than you had anticipated!
I would have loved to be there with you......

I was sitting down for this particular shot... That's how low it was!

I never realized until I properly saw the photo later that evening, I had a bit of a quiet moment then!

ptrjong

Sun May 03, 2015 10:28 am

Awesome photo, Jurgen. I'm surprised it doesn't have 200,000 hits.

Peter 
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

vzlet

Sun May 03, 2015 10:49 am

Not me, but a friend who took this shot:
View Large View Medium

Photo © Josef Havránek

Just afterwards, there was a "slight" intermeshing of the rotor blades that resulted in knocking off blade tips from each helicopter. They landed OK (and in fact first completed the demo routine!), and were able to find some of the missing blade caps afterwards. The outcome very easily could have been far worse.
"That's so stupid! If they're so secret, why are they out where everyone can see them?" - my kid

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Quoting NPeterman (Reply 7):

I was camping with my father at the time, and we drove in the direction of the fire when it was little more than a rubbish-bin fire in terms of size. It got quite out of control quite quickly, and little did we know we were somehow behind the line where people had been evacuated... as far as the fire fighters knew. It quickly jumped the river to our side of the valley and thankfully we got out of dodge quickly, raced to our campground, and made tracks. There a bunch of other photos from this day that I never got around to uploading, and others that tell the story a bit better if anyone is interested in seeing the entire thing. Probably not a situation I would relish reliving if I am honest

Wow, I missed this story as I was typing my last post at the same time as you.
Impressive shot with a pretty scary story!
Well done, and good thing you guys made it out! I mean, you would not want somebody else uploading these shots from your memory card.......

My suggestion: Upload these other shots!

Quoting vzlet (Reply 11):

Just afterwards, there was a "slight" intermeshing of the rotor blades that resulted in knocking off blade tips from each helicopter. They landed OK (and in fact first completed the demo routine!), and were able to find some of the missing blade caps afterwards. The outcome very easily could have been far worse.

Wow! Just wow......

Quoting JRadier (Reply 9):
I had a bit of a quiet moment then!

Yep, bet you felt lucky.

No Tax On Rotax

photopilot

Sun May 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Sorry, but if you're putting yourself at physical risk just to get a photo for A.net, than you're stupid.

Absolutely NO photo is worth risking your life for with the possible exception of the bang-bank junkies, more commonly known as war correspondents.

I spent 20 years as a news photographer and have had more than my fair share of exciting moments, but never should you be stupid and not know every single risk and danger..... and plan for them in advance.

Other than getting arrested a few times (charges were always dropped eventually) that's the extent of it.

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Sun May 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 13):

Sorry, but if you're putting yourself at physical risk just to get a photo for A.net, than you're stupid.

Don't hold back.....just give us your opinion straight!

I see what you mean Photopilot, but in my case I was clear from the runway.
I am guessing that the aircraft touched down a tad more to the left than the other aircraft, but let's face it: I was always in control, so to speak. I double checked my position in time, and I always had the option to go down to the floor.
I guess you could argue "what if the aircraft lost control and swerved to the left".....but I am sure even you could not plan for EVERY unlikely event that could happen in your 20 year career.
And if you took no risks at all: then I can only imagine that there are colleagues of yours that have taken more risks and therefore managed to get more results in their careers.

Cheers!

No tax On rotate

photopilot

Mon May 04, 2015 1:00 am

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 14):
Don't hold back.....just give us your opinion straight!

Well, if you've ever seen (I have) what happens when a person doesn't take absolute safety into account, and yes accidents do happen, then you might understand where I'm coming from. I was there when a guy who wasn't paying attention walked into the spinning prop of a DC-7 on the ramp. Can you say.... Vegomatic food processor!!! Not a pretty sight at all with pieces spread 100 yards all over the ramp.

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 14):
........there are colleagues of yours that have taken more risks and therefore managed to get more results in their careers.

Yup, right up until the point they were killed.

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Mon May 04, 2015 1:58 am

Quoting photopilot (Reply 15):
I was there when a guy who wasn't paying attention walked into the spinning prop of a DC-7 on the ramp. Can you say.... Vegomatic food processor!!! Not a pretty sight at all with pieces spread 100 yards all over the ramp.

Yikes! I am sorry to read that.
Pretty dramatic stuff, something you will never forget!
I am a believer in reflective paint of some kind on the blades, or even fancier: lights! Osprey-style!

Quoting photopilot (Reply 15):

Yup, right up until the point they were killed.

Again, I am with you: but surely you must have taken certain risks, having worked 20 years in the news industry.
There must be a way in between......

Your feedback is appreciated!

No Tax On Rotax

photopilot

Mon May 04, 2015 2:18 am

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 16):
but surely you must have taken certain risks, having worked 20 years in the news industry.

Absolutely, but for example, where I was photographing guys at the very top of transmission tower (that's a long climb) I made damn sure I was wearing a safety harness and climbed using a proper safety slider. I know other shooters that scoffed at the bulk and time it took to wear a harness. That's a stupid risk IMHO.

Probably the closest I've come to getting actually hurt was covering pro football kneeling on the sidelines. Watching and shooting the Wide Receiver and not keeping an eye on the Defensive guy coming at me like a steamroller.

JRadier

Mon May 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Quoting photopilot (Reply 13):

If you do so knowingly, yes I agree, that is stupid. Needless to say, we all have had those moments you didn't see coming even while you are trying to stay safe. Everyone has their exiting moments, and I recon most of these photos are in that category (I know mine is!)

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Tue May 05, 2015 1:09 am

Quoting JRadier (Reply 18):
Needless to say, we all have had those moments you didn't see coming even while you are trying to stay safe. Everyone has their exiting moments, and I recon most of these photos are in that category (I know mine is!)

Yes, that I recognize.......

Quoting photopilot (Reply 17):

Probably the closest I've come to getting actually hurt was covering pro football kneeling on the sidelines. Watching and shooting the Wide Receiver and not keeping an eye on the Defensive guy coming at me like a steamroller.

Good example!
In a way I trust an aircraft more to run down the runway in a straight line than I would trust a 250 pound player with a few bird cages strapped around his shoulders; while I'd be sitting next to the touch line!

No Tax On Rotax

taakid

Thu May 07, 2015 9:51 am

Not quite as deadly as the DC-7 incident, but soon after I started taking pictures of aircraft in 1964 I rode a pushbike through the turning prop of a DC-4. It was, fortunately for me, being turned by the starter motor with the ignition disconnected. It happened in a hangar. I should have realised the engineers had stood back from the prop not to allow me the ride through but to get out of the way of the slow-turning blades.

A nearer miss came at an air show in the 1980s when a VariEze skidded through the media enclosure where I was standing. The pilot lost control on landing, snapped off the nose wheel and speared off the runway straight at us. Again would not have been fatal but would have left a nasty bruise on the shins.

Newark727

Sat May 09, 2015 6:35 pm

Man, you folks all live pretty dangerously compared to me!

Well, there is this shot:

View Large View Medium

Photo © John Price

I was standing on the curb of a pretty busy street and around the time I was taking this some joker decided to honk their horn right behind me. Just about jumped out of my skin, stumbled off the curb, could have broken an ankle! 

[Edited 2015-05-09 11:36:57]

taakid

Sun May 10, 2015 5:32 am

Here in Australia in 1976 an aircraft photographer was struck by the tyre of a flying Lockheed 12 VH-ASV at Packenham airport in Victoria. The impact was of sufficient force to cause the undercarriage to collapse on landing but the photographer survived, albeit with substantial injuries. I didn't know the man – he was a Melbourne enthusiast, I was from Sydney 800km away. A mutual acquaintance pointed him out at an air show, so his interest in aviation was undiminished by the incident.

29erUSA187

Sun May 10, 2015 5:38 am

Quoting Newark727 (Reply 21):

Scary Stuff!!!   

So far the scariest moment for me was on top of my Jeep at SAN, watching a JL 788 come in. I had DSLR in hand, and a nearby bird almost hit me, scared the crap out of me, and I almost fell backwards of the car. Barley caught myself. The picture turned out blurry beyond recognition.

Not much compared to these stories though. Jeez.

epten

Tue May 12, 2015 11:10 am

Summer of 2010, I almost got arrested by Turkish military police while trying to shoot an RF-4E in the military poart of Antalya airport. I parked the car some 100 meters from my spotting location and I walked through someone's agricultural efforts. I don't know any Turkish, they din't know almost any English. My passport was in the car. Luckily, they agreed to follow me to my car. They saw the foreign plates and my passport, but I also showed them some of my Airliners.net photos from different locations across Europe on my phone, which seemed to convince them. "no foto no foto" they said and left. Phew!

FlightShadow

Wed May 13, 2015 4:49 am

I had been married for less than a month when I went out one morning in hopes of catching one of the three weekly Allegiant arrivals to our small local airport. I didn't have much of a camera at that time so I was excited to profit from our recent marriage by borrowing my wife's nice Canon.

I had told my wife I would be back after about 45 minutes, but forgot to bring my cell phone. The Allegiant ended up being an hour late. I waited for it, like the dutiful aviation fan that I am, and figured my wife wouldn't be too upset.

You know what's coming.

I walked through the front door of our apartment after watching the Allegiant, happy as a clam, and looked across our little living room to see my wife sitting on the couch reading a book. She looked up long enough for me to see pursed lips and a not-so-loving glare, and nodded for me to go into the kitchen. I obeyed, and found a beautifully-prepared table with a (now-cold) hot breakfast. My cell phone was next to my plate with three missed calls and a text message, all from her. I could tell that she had worked on the breakfast for quite a while and had timed it to be ready right when I told her I was going to return home. She didn't buy it when I tried to blame the whole thing on Allegiant being a crappy airline.

I know it's not forest fires or nearly getting scalped by the front end of a Caravan, but any man who has been through the first few weeks of marriage will understand the danger and mild panic that I felt.

We have of course had similar things happen since, but none have been quite as fearful, perhaps because I'm slightly better at communicating but most likely because my wife is now quite accustomed to being disappointed with me 

But hey, at the end of the day the photo got accepted:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jeff Rodeback

"When the tide goes out, you can tell who was skinnydipping."

NPeterman

Wed May 13, 2015 3:47 pm

Quoting notaxonrotax (Reply 12):
Wow, I missed this story as I was typing my last post at the same time as you.
Impressive shot with a pretty scary story!
Well done, and good thing you guys made it out! I mean, you would not want somebody else uploading these shots from your memory card.......

My suggestion: Upload these other shots!

Alrighty, I can at least post the remainder here. I typed up a little blurb about it in October of 2010, which was slightly appended in 2012 when posted here. The photos aren't all great, but it gives you an idea of how quickly things got out of hand. I guess I feel the need to clarify that we were in no way looking to put ourselves in danger in any way, of course no photo is ever worth that. If anything I see it as a testament to how quickly mother nature can make a mess of things!

http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...re-The-Kern-River-Valley-July-2010

Npeterman

Moose135

Wed May 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Quoting FlightShadow (Reply 25):
I know it's not forest fires or nearly getting scalped by the front end of a Caravan, but any man who has been through the first few weeks of marriage will understand the danger and mild panic that I felt.
I live with danger every day - sometimes she let's me go spotting...

KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

UltimateDelta

Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

There were some awfully rickety metal stairs rolled up to this B-58 that I first smacked my shin into on the way up, and then nearly fell down while going the other way:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Erik Ingram

Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

YQZ380

Tue May 19, 2015 10:32 am

Compared to others, this one doesn't seem much, but I pissed off a security guard while shooting this picture. It was at the business jet ramp, and the security guard was talking into a walkie-talkie when he saw me, which prompted me to leave that place. I had 300+ shots from that place on that day and I didn't want to risk having to hand them all over and losing them.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Yang Qize

Cheers,
Yang Qize
Life is like an airliner; if you try to climb too much, you will stall.

spencer

Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 am

He kept this very low on the climb out. I got an email after I uploaded this from the pilot telling me why. There was a flock of birds where he was to climb out and he decided to duck under them.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Spencer Wilmot

Spencer
EOS1D4, 7D, 30D, 100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, 70-200/2.8 L IS2 USM, 17-40 f4 L USM, 24-105 f4 L IS USM, 85 f1.8 USM

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Mon May 25, 2015 12:55 pm

Good stuff people!

Keep it coming please!

No Tax On Rotax

glen

Mon May 25, 2015 5:11 pm

While not in danger any more when taking this shot, there was quite a critical situation just before:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Bruno Camenzind

The slope for landing and taking-off at this specific spot is quite steep - definitely steeper than it looks in the picture. In order to park the aircraft you have stop when beeing exactly rectangular to the slope. I started the turn a little too late (i.e. too slow) and the Super Cub stopped too early when the tail was still pointing considerably downhill. On a standard slope this wouldn't bee a problem: Just stop the engine, get out and turn the aircraft by hand. Not so here: As soon as I tried to throttle back, the aircraft started moving backwards downhill. Further down the glacier are only crevasses...
So what to do, as there was not much help available from my elderly passenger? While holding the aircraft at the current position with full power I installed a safety line around the trottle in order the have the possibiltiy to operate it from outside the aircraft. Then getting out, securing the plane with the help of an icepick, then turning the tail into its correct parking position while the engine was still running at full power. Then finally throttling back and shuting down the engine.

Having a cup of coffee at this beautiful place (and of course taking this picture) was a great reward for 15 minutes hard work at 12'000ft...
"The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view." - Albert Einstein

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Sun May 31, 2015 1:11 pm

Quoting glen (Reply 32):
While not in danger any more when taking this shot, there was quite a critical situation just before:

Quite a manoeuvre!
Good thing you made it!

Thanks for sharing.

No Tax On Rotax

29erUSA187

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:13 pm

I'd like to touch on another of my harrowing spotting experiences        

While at SAN on top of my car, A swarm of bees came whizzing by, catching me and my friend off guard. I ducked and covered, and so did my friend, If it weren't for the engine of a US A320 sucking in half the swarm, I could've gotten stung!!!
:D  

You all lead dangerous lives on here compared to me

notaxonrotax
Topic Author

Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:56 am

Quoting 29erUSA187 (Reply 34):
A swarm of bees came whizzing by

Living life dangerously!

No Tax On Rotax

dvincent

Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:14 pm

While I wouldn't say I was in particular danger, I certainly was in a precarious position when I was hired to photograph a hangar full of jets. I had to do it from one of the scissor lifts the maintenance guys used to service the T-tails and such on the business jets. I was pretty much at the full height of the scissor lift, by myself with my gear. I made certain that my camera body was secured to the R-strap and that I had my backup hand strap secured, because if my camera fell from there, it would be toast! I suppose I wouldn't do very well if I fell from there either.  
From the Mind of Minolta

Allan789

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:10 pm

I was once banned from LHR for 24 hours after arguing with the cops. I still went back straight after.

Jalap

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:30 pm

While not in danger at all, I once got incredibly frightened by just watching a Russian stunt team rehearsing their show for the airshow the next day.

When I was 12yo, I witnessed the Ramstein disaster. We were not in any danger there, I guess we were about 1km from the impact zone. Of course, that event was enough for a medium sized trauma and we decided to never ever go to an airshow again. After Ramstein, my father and I turned to civil aviation. Years later, my father managed to get press passes for the Ostend airshow, we could do our photography the day before the airshow and camp on the airfield.

We did our photography, then when I was setting up the tent that Russian team (think they flew Su.27's) started rehearsing. I didn't want to watch it, but couldn't resist. Then, when they were doing a simple loop, they pointed in my direction for a brief second and I totally freaked out.

So then it was clear, never ever again would I get anywhere near an airshow.

During civil photography (in the '90's and early 00's) I never got in danger. Once was interesting, spotting in Lisbon, all alone (age 21) 2 dodgy guys arrived in an old Renault 4. They disappeared in the bushes, came out about an hour later. I was a bit bored and asked them if they were spotters too. They did look like junks, but hey, I really was bored. So they explained to me they came to the airport to smoke heroin while watching planes  
They may have been junks, they were nice and friendly people. I had to help them get their R4 started when they left, it had a battery problem.
Anyway, no danger, but that spotting place probably wasn't the safest around LIS and I realised why all the other spotters were at a much more visible location  

Here's a shot I made that day:

View Large View Medium

Photo © J.Laporte

[Edited 2015-06-25 15:38:40]

Jalap

Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Thinking about it, we did once more got somewhere near an airshow.

Gosselies, 1992. One sole reason: an A340 was going to do a few flyby's. I was totally excited about the then brand new A340 and even wanted to risk an airshow for it.

Of course, things went wrong again. There was a Belgian air force C130 that had to demonstrate a drop there. But, the drop (bags filled with dirt) failed, the bags landed outside the airport perimeter, on the highway and a warehouse. Actually in the path where we walked to get to our photography point!

Could be a karma thing, I won't go to airshows and I think airshows don't want me either  

We did get our money shot back there, so I couldn't really care less about the incident.

View Large View Medium

Photo © J.Laporte