As this might be helpful to some of you, I just wanted introduce you to a program I created and I want to share with other spotters.
I started this project in November 2012 as I wanted a better solution organising my planespotting photos.
As I wanted to learn about software development anyway, I thought: Lets try it myself! (Learning by doing)
After some time the first version was done which had some basic functions. Many friends liked it very much so I added more and more functions and it became a pretty nice program.
Here a quick overview:
- Simple addition of new data through an "auto-fill" function.
- Statistics for example number of distinct registrations, aircraft, airlines etc. Top 10 Airlines, Aircraft, Airlines etc.; Overview of the the last years and nice pie charts!
z.B. Anzahl verschiedener Registrierungen, Airlines usw.; Top10 Airlines, Aircraft, Airlines; Übersicht über die aktivsten Monate / letzten Jahre und nette Torten-Diagramme etc.
- Flexible filter function
- Three different ways to match your photos to your data.
- Trips: Bundle Dates/Airports to “Trips” => Statistics (number of new registration, airlines...) + Comparison to other trips
- Auto Back-Up (just to make sure)
- Simple synchronisation with other computers.
- Load your photo directly into your editing software. (if you notice anything which needs correction for example)
- Export-Function: Export your data as TXT, CSV or HTML.
- Updates with new functions from time to time.
The program is free. Of course, donations are very welcome but no one should be forced to that.
If you have happy and don't have any financial struggles, I would be very happy about your support as I am doing this beside my study and invested a lot of time and keep investing.
If you have any ideas or wishes, feel free to contact me and I will see how/if I can build it in.
Thank you and have a great weekend!