yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Pre-screening

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:54 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbvoxwvngq25q ... 4.jpg?dl=0

Please comment on this photo for upload. any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
yousaf465
 
User avatar
jelpee
Screener
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:34 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 pm

The image has a yellow color cast and shows a lot of noise. It is also soft and the horizontal stabilizer is blurry. Regretfully, in its current form it will not make it. Probably not editable enough to offset the blurriness since you image is already at 1024 pixels on its long side. At smaller sizes, certain flaws such as blurriness are not visible as much as they are at larger sizes.

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:48 am

jelpee wrote:
The image has a yellow color cast and shows a lot of noise. It is also soft and the horizontal stabilizer is blurry. Regretfully, in its current form it will not make it. Probably not editable enough to offset the blurriness since you image is already at 1024 pixels on its long side. At smaller sizes, certain flaws such as blurriness are not visible as much as they are at larger sizes.

Jehan

Yellow color cast was the actual lighting at the airport, this is how I saw the image with Naked Eye. It can be fixed as it's a Raw file.

Blurry ? Camera was resting on stable platform, I used 10 sec timer, and aircraft wasn't moving.
yousaf465
 
len90
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:03 pm

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:24 am

I agree with Jehan. Remember there are multiple different types of blur that an image can have. There is blur from the image being out of focus. Depending on how the image was shot, f-stop, the depth of field of the image can ultimately suffer thus areas that are at a different focal length from the camera will show up as blurry/out of focus. Motion blur is something else which you would see from the camera being held in a hand etc. A stable platform is actually not as good as a tripod from my experience.

Sodium lights can cause a yellow/orange lighting. However, there is still seems to be more color cast.


Lastly, just out of curiosity what were the camera settings you used for this shot?
Len90
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 pm

len90 wrote:
I agree with Jehan. Remember there are multiple different types of blur that an image can have. There is blur from the image being out of focus. Depending on how the image was shot, f-stop, the depth of field of the image can ultimately suffer thus areas that are at a different focal length from the camera will show up as blurry/out of focus. Motion blur is something else which you would see from the camera being held in a hand etc. A stable platform is actually not as good as a tripod from my experience.

Sodium lights can cause a yellow/orange lighting. However, there is still seems to be more color cast.


Lastly, just out of curiosity what were the camera settings you used for this shot?

F14 10Sec ISo160
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm

yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm

yousaf465
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:46 pm

The links are not working.
 
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:45 am

links have been fixed. please advice.
yousaf465
 
User avatar
vcruvinel
Support
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:28 am

Re: Pre-screening

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:59 am

yousaf465 wrote:
links have been fixed. please advice.


[ I'm not a A.net screener]

Hi! I think all of them need more sharpeness and contrast. The third is a bit HIF. But just my point of view. Hope I can help.

Best.

Vinicius
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:28 am

1) dust spot top of frame (above left side hor.stab.), quality seems a bit compressed (perhaps due to the hosting site). Image seems a bit soft.
2) soft, low contrast, high in frame.
3) soft, low contrast, high in frame, CCW.
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:18 pm

yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Image
Which one of these two is correct , the photo in post above or this one ?
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Image
Over-Sharpened ? any other issues ?
Thanks
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Image
Fixed Sharpening, contrast and Frame
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Image Another view
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Image

Is it ok for submission ?
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:25 am

Guys please reply.
yousaf465
 
User avatar
spompert
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:46 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:27 am

Hi, the crop could be a bit tighter (leave less space around the edges of the plane, respecting the allowed ratios for uploading).
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:17 am

The derelict Cessna (?): second one is better in terms of color, but still blurry, noisy and quality.
First heli: not great, but perhaps passable
Second heli: not great, unbalanced crop.
Second photo of -BLH is better in terms of color, but still a bit blurry.
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks Spomspert and Airkas

Cessna 131k blurry ? Camera was resting on the ground with No wind around. Should I upload at higher resolution ?
.
For Mi17 58660 , I have retaken the picture will edit and reupload. Will try my luck with this version too.

Please comment on this 4R-MRE too. If quality is an issue I can upload at higher resolution.
Image
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Image
Is it worth uploading at higher resolution ?
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Please comment on Alouette photo .
yousaf465
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:39 pm

yousaf465 wrote:
Should I upload at higher resolution?

No, that will make it look worse. Perhaps the focus/DoF was incorrectly set. Either way it doesn't seem fixable for that photo.

A320: Blurry, low contrast, quality.
ALO3: seems passable
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Image

1/500s ƒ/8 ISO200 with center focus point right on belly of the aircraft.
yousaf465
 
User avatar
HarryLi
Screener In Training
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:46 pm

yousaf465 wrote:
Image

1/500s ƒ/8 ISO200 with center focus point right on belly of the aircraft.

This one looks soft to me and the some parts look bit of blurry to me mabye because of soft problem and i will resize it to 1200px or 1024px. Besides, it's bit of underexposed to me.
In addition, i am not sure that whether if you upload this one will reject for Similar or Double because you posted a similar Alouette here last time. I'll choose one of them to upload as the change of angle of them is slight. Last one seems better i think.

Cheers,
Harry
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : https://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 pm

HarryLi wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:
Image

1/500s ƒ/8 ISO200 with center focus point right on belly of the aircraft.

This one looks soft to me and the some parts look bit of blurry to me mabye because of soft problem and i will resize it to 1200px or 1024px. Besides, it's bit of underexposed to me.
In addition, i am not sure that whether if you upload this one will reject for Similar or Double because you posted a similar Alouette here last time. I'll choose one of them to upload as the change of angle of them is slight. Last one seems better i think.

Cheers,
Harry

Thanks for the detailed advice.

Yes I will only upload one of these.

Which areas seems blurry ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
HarryLi
Screener In Training
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 pm

yousaf465 wrote:
HarryLi wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:
Image

1/500s ƒ/8 ISO200 with center focus point right on belly of the aircraft.

This one looks soft to me and the some parts look bit of blurry to me mabye because of soft problem and i will resize it to 1200px or 1024px. Besides, it's bit of underexposed to me.
In addition, i am not sure that whether if you upload this one will reject for Similar or Double because you posted a similar Alouette here last time. I'll choose one of them to upload as the change of angle of them is slight. Last one seems better i think.

Cheers,
Harry

Thanks for the detailed advice.

Yes I will only upload one of these.

Which areas seems blurry ?

The "ARMY" looks so soft that i consider it looks blurry but it actually should be ok i think. I did a quick edit to it and i tried to resize it to a smaller size like 1200px or 1250px and then gave it more sharpness then it looks better. Besides, it also can have bit of more contrast too when you add some exposure to it.
However, to be honest , i will choose last one to upload as that one has better light condition and other aspects look better than this one too. As Kas commented before about that one it looks ok.
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : https://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks I will go with side shot as advised.

Image

How should I improve this AH-1 Cobra Pak/US combination aircraft ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
HarryLi
Screener In Training
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Regarding to the AH-1, if you have another angle of it i would suggest you to change another angle as the light condition of this one is pretty bad i think.It looks bit of backlit i think.Besides, the contrast of it is definitely low to me.

Cheers,
Harry
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : https://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:26 am

Image

any issue with light or editing on this one ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
HarryLi
Screener In Training
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

The light condition is much better than the last one but it deserves more contrast i think. And ... not sure about others as the quality looks iffy to me.

Cheers,
Harry
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : https://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Low contrast and marginal quality.
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am

Image

reworked. Please comment
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:13 am

Image Should I upload this ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
jelpee
Screener
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:34 am

Re: Pre-screening

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:28 am

Should be OK with a few edits:
1. Apply some clockwise rotation to level the horizon
2. A hint of brightness
3. There is a white speck located at about the middle of the cloud in front of the wing.

With the above, it would be acceptable for me.

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:05 pm

jelpee wrote:
Should be OK with a few edits:
1. Apply some clockwise rotation to level the horizon
2. A hint of brightness
3. There is a white speck located at about the middle of the cloud in front of the wing.

With the above, it would be acceptable for me.

Jehan


I have edited as per advice.. Is it good enough now ?
Image
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Image

good enough for A.net ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:34 pm

The first isn't great in terms of quality (and maybe also a bit overexposed). The second one has the sunlight illuminating dirty areas on the window, so for me that's a no-go.
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Image
Fixed the requested issues
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:07 am

Please reply.
yousaf465
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Better, but still marginal quality.
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:26 am

airkas1 wrote:
Better, but still marginal quality.

Can I upload this version ?
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 am

Should I proceed ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:10 am

That's entirely up to you.
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:17 am

airkas1 wrote:
That's entirely up to you.

Just in time
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Topic Author
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:53 am

Image

Please comment for upload ?
yousaf465
 
User avatar
HarryLi
Screener In Training
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:59 am

It looks oversharpened to me. Very obvious jaggys there. The upper right angle looks very dark,which makes me conside "Vignette" Reason.
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : https://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D
 
User avatar
airkas1
Head Screener
Posts: 6828
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:01 am

Re: Pre-screening

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Oversharpened, noise, vignetting, quality.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos