Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cjmoeser
Topic Author

Post Screening - C17

Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi All,

First off, i'm at my 5 year mark where I uploaded my first photo... took me 6 months later to get my first shot on the DB. Now that I'm over 500 photos, I want to say thanks to everyone who helped me out along the way. I couldn't do it without you guys.

I had this one rejected yesterday, for Blurry, Compression, Heat Haze, Low Contrast & Soft.
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/air ... d58b5a1448

Blurry, I don't really see that, nor the softness. Compression, could be and how would I fix that? It could be flat and that's an easy fix.
Would it be better at a lower resolution too?

Thanks,
-Colin

jelpee
Head Screener

Re: Post Screening - C17

Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Colin,

Congratulations on the 500 image milestone! I enjoy screening your images when they pop into my queue.

At the expense of disagreeing with my fellow screener, I only see a slight blur on the tail cone, but not enough for me to decline the image. The image could use a bump in brightness and contrast: use the histogram as a guide. Also the aircraft looks high in the frame. I don't see heat haze or compression.

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

DL747

Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:08 pm

Hi Colin,

Congrats on 500, that's not easy, and that's quite a nice/rare shot to do it on. I see some heat haze at the very top of the special paint, which would almost certainly be masked at a smaller resolution. It is quite minor imo. There's some spots of minor softness, at the nose and around the gear, I guess that could've been perceived as the blur. I think these are fairly easy fixes, and to virtually ensure acceptance, I'd say a smaller size would lock that in.
Hey, thanks for stopping by! My photos can be found here: https://www.airliners.net/search?user=17 ... lay=detail

cjmoeser
Topic Author

Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:24 pm