jakewo4
Topic Author

constructive criticism please

Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 pm

hello guys

if you don't mind can you have a look at some off my photos on flickr and tell me what i did wrong i'm trying to improve they won't be the sharpest, i had the wrong settings for 3 weeks but anything else please tell me
my flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?

thank you

JakTrax

Re: constructive criticism please

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:00 pm

They don't generally look too bad but the conditions are against you. At this time of year heat-haze is a problem at the times you're clearly shooting (light is harsh, giving nasty contrast) so my only advice would be to go out either early morning (sunrise-0800) or evening (1800-sunset).

jakewo4
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm

JakTrax wrote:
They don't generally look too bad but the conditions are against you. At this time of year heat-haze is a problem at the times you're clearly shooting (light is harsh, giving nasty contrast) so my only advice would be to go out either early morning (sunrise-0800) or evening (1800-sunset).

thank you for the advice
alot of my photos are ruined by heat haze in a couple days i will be going back to london stansted at 8 to 12 so hoping its not too bad last couple days here in the part off england i live in its been about 20 celsius which is perfect so im hoping it stays that way

JakTrax

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:45 pm

20C is still plenty warm enough for haze to develop across open land. Hope you enjoy your 8-12 visit but just bear in mind that the results likely won't be acceptable here unless you can get pretty close to the action.

airkas1
Head Screener

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:03 pm

I agree with Karl.

Regarding heat haze; viewtopic.php?t=921469
So you can have heat haze at any time throughout the year (although less likely in the mornings, evening and at night).

jakewo4
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:33 pm

JakTrax wrote:
20C is still plenty warm enough for haze to develop across open land. Hope you enjoy your 8-12 visit but just bear in mind that the results likely won't be acceptable here unless you can get pretty close to the action.

ill be getting very close this is a 1 time a month thing and you get right up close to the taxiway but thank you i have only just joined here and have photos waiting but i'm just trying to find out what my biggest problems are i'm hoping if they reject my photo they give me a reason so i can work on it in the future

if you want to see how close you'll get here's a picture https://www.flickr.com/photos/182428974 ... ed-public/

airkas1
Head Screener

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Sorry, but can you please use dots and commas? Your posts are very hard to read.

JakTrax

Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:41 pm

74mm on a crop body for a 738 is pretty close, however still not close enough to eliminate haze after around 0800. Sometimes there's just no way to defy physics.

Karl

jakewo4
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:22 am

airkas1 wrote:
Sorry, but can you please use dots and commas? Your posts are very hard to read.

yea sure

jakewo4
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:32 am

JakTrax wrote:
74mm on a crop body for a 738 is pretty close, however still not close enough to eliminate haze after around 0800. Sometimes there's just no way to defy physics.

Karl

yea im hoping it's not too bad but well see