yari
Topic Author

Reason for rejection/ reason for appeal rejection.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Many times in the past I got a rejection for various reasons. Like most likely everybody... On my appealing the HS comment was favor for me, reasons for rejection were not right... but he listed so many other editing or information mistakes and picture definitely rejected.

Last night I posted new aircraft
Airline: Untitled
Version: 680A
Generic Type: Textron Aviation 680A
Basic Type: Textron Aviation 680A
Manufacturer: Textron Aviation Inc.
MSN: 680A0162
Reg.: N620QS
which has been rejected for low contrast and centering ( too low ) in priority screening. On my appeal, today I got message from HS, that:
"The Screener left a comment regarding this photo: “Centering fine, but version should always include the manufacturer. Also jaggies towards the front end of the cheatlines.”

So, rejection for this? The manufacturers appeared in my info 3times! I am contributing to Airliners.net for 6 years and now my question is: what is holding back the HS to simply accept appealing when there is not ground for supporting the rejection reasons? Why there is always something also without chance to challenge that? Not happy with that, for sure.

airkas1
Head Screener

Re: Reason for rejection/ reason for appeal rejection.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi Yari,

That was my doing. It's a new registration, which also qualifies for priority screening. So should be an easy fix and easy add afterwards. And no offense, but I think you don't fully understand how these fields are used. In ALL fields, the manufacturer should be listed. It's cumulative, not a seperate field for all the small bits.

So it's not:
Cessna
Citation Latitude
680A

But:
Cessna
Cessna 680 Citation Souvereign/Latitude
Cessna 680A Citation Latitude

And in this case, builder does seem applicable, making the correct entry as follows:
Manufacturer = Cessna
Generic type = Cessna 680 Citation Sovereign/Latitude
Version = Cessna 680A Citation Latitude
Builder = Textron Aviation

What held me back from accepting is the following:
It was a new frame, easy fix and easy add. If I had added it, I would've corrupted the database, which I would then have to fix myself, with the added knowledge that you likely wouldn't know it was even done and you would make the same error next time. Plus the slight jaggies.

The initial screener should've picked up on the info error, but didn;t for some reason. I'm sorry you feel wronged, but I don't feel the rejection is way out of line.

yari
Topic Author

Re: Reason for rejection/ reason for appeal rejection.

Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:21 pm

Thank for advice. We all are learning for all life. I will be more careful when feeling up aircraft info. As per secondary screening by HS, I have some objection. If you are interested, please see the picture #5634713 and all that agenda around. Clear position from screeners is needed in the matter of positioning. Is not acceptable for anyone to get rejection once for too low and another time for too high, when pictures are same. Also questionable for me is, how from picture after first screening, with only objection (placement) and my appealing, suddenly is a total garbage picture! HS actually throw a photographic book at me, with nothing good about the picture... Why all that fouls and mistakes were not identified by certified screeners within firs screening? It is happening to me all the time. My point is, when the picture is a garbage, why the first screener ( sometimes asked for a second opinion) did not find out right away? Bad picture is a bad picture. Thanks, Yari.