VTORD
Topic Author

Pre-Screening VTORD

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:00 am

Hello folks, haven't tried to upload / post anything for a looong time. Can someone please help me pre-screen these:

https://flic.kr/p/2hwz8Zh
https://flic.kr/p/2hwBQEE

jelpee
Screener

Re: Pre-Screening VTORD

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:57 am

United B757: Image looks over-sharpened. Will draw a motive rejection for the clipped horizontal stabilizer on left side and dead space between engine and edge of frame on right side. I'm also not a fan of the top of the tail cropped on the top edge of the frame. Best to crop close to engines on either side. The image is also backlit and heat hazed.
Delta B737:Passable for me.
Note: Looking at the images on Flikr via the links shows the images very blurry. I had to down load them at their original size and view them separately.

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

VTORD
Topic Author

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:28 pm

^^ Thanks.
I can't do much with the 757, it's the composition in the first place so I'll have to do another I guess. Re: the tail crop, I found this one with the tail cropped

What do you suggest the best way to share photos for pre-screening? I got a bit confused with how to upload for this purpose.

Thanks!
Ameya.

jelpee
Screener

Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Hello Ameya,

The composition that you referenced in your prior post is passable based on the amount of the tail that is cropped. In your example, most of the tail was in the frame except for perhaps 20%. In general, if the tips of the tail, wings or horizontal stabilizers are cropped out of the frame, it will draw a "Motive" rejection. In general I am not a fan of the tail being cropped especially when there is room at the bottom of the frame in order to accommodate the entire tail.

I use Imagur as my hosting site for images and embed the image in the thread. It seems to work better for me than Flikr.

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

VTORD
Topic Author

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:06 am

Hey Jehan,
Thanks! Sorry for the late response...just got busy with other things. Will keep in mind.
Ameya.