balz18
Topic Author

Appealed Photo Forgotten?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Afternoon Everyone,

Had a picture fail out for being underexposed, fixed it, it got dinged for the same thing again but this time any additional exposure fix would destroy the shot so I appealed it. Its been looked at and asked for "second opinions" now 3-4 times and hasn't been touched now in a week. What do I do?

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 0a976404bf

Cheers,

Mike
First class or no class...

BWIAirport

Re: Appealed Photo Forgotten?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:53 pm

I can't speak for the delay but I see a couple things that could present an issue:
-Soft in the tail and along the wing
-Not sure if the speed limit sign is a deal-breaker, but it can't help
Next flight: 3/1 DL2834 BWI-ATL B739
3/1 DL661 ATL-STT B752

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

balz18
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 pm

The quality and the shot itself were all cleared as being good but I had considered those as well. Thanks for the reply!

JKPhotos
Screener

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:55 am

Hi,

Generally I would recommend to write to [email protected] in that specific case.

Also let me generally say that I would not recommend to consider everything to be "cleared as being good" just because it wasn't mentioned on initial screening. a) We try to avoid that but let's be honest stuff gets missed upon screening b) some shots are just borderline and that obstruction in your shots surely is. In such a case it will always be that some screeners would say it might be still acceptable while for others it is too much. Some will now claim lack of consistency, but it is just not possible to have non subjective rules for everything.

Let me get back to your specific case: As I said it is borderline and headscreeners did put these Second opinions because of the sign and also the exposure (I also believe it could well be brighter and that the sign is too disturbing and easily avoidable). It is missing one opinion that it will get soon, I made people aware. Let me be honest again: I would not have high hopes for this one.

Julien

airkas1
Head Screener

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi Mike,

Not really forgotten, but thanks for the reminder. Not all HS process the appeal queue regularly, me being one of them. I added the image just now, but was very on the fence. Main reasoning for accepting is that the sign wasn't mentioned until the photo went into the appeal queue (including the previous rejection). So in the spirit of consistency, the image was added.

However I fully agree that the sign is pretty poor composition-wise and although the exposure is passable, I think I see room for improvement on that subject as well. So please take that as feedback for future uploads.

balz18
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks for your time!