ufospotter
Topic Author

upload ban, The screener's logic is not well understood

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:01 am

I got a upload ban ,by following reason: Seventh upload with still substandard quality, with triple reupload without addressing rejecting reasons. Also two uploaded images looks same aircraft without registration. You have warned about same offence now you get 2 weeks upload ban.

Every time I made changes to upload pictures according to the opinions of the reviewers(Change brightness, sharpness, and so on), the last time made a more change,why screeners said no change? ., do I have to be banned if fail to reach the requirements? The screener's logic is not well understood

JKPhotos
Screener

Re: upload ban, The screener's logic is not well understood

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Apparently you uploaded / reuploaded shots withou the necessary changes. If you feel like this is unjustified you can post your shots here and wel'll have a look. Otherwise how should we tell if you made the changes or not?

Otherwise I can see that you have already received a warning recently for repeatedly not providing the necessary infos although you've been told many times. So overall it does not sound that unfair to me.

Otherwise generally said, please consider that we are volunteers who invest our free-time into the site. If we have to screen a shot over and over again without chnages it is a waste of our time and usually people get warned before they get a ban, unless you are a repeat offender. In your case you might have been warned for something else, but the point is the same, "Please listen."
Please consider as well that for us it is very frustrating when people are very reluctant to listen and we have to tell the point over and over again.

ufospotter
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:36 pm

I can't well understand the meaning of info several times, version should include the manufacturer (reference image 5748907 ,it version not include manufacturer), i can't post the last pic here,because, it was deleted by screener. but every time,i uploaded the pic that i had edited (info of qulity,some of them a little)
ok, Well, it's my bad luck!

JKPhotos
Screener

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:48 pm

We cannot even delete shots as screeners. You can see them all under your Photographer's Corner -> rejected shots. Please stay to the facts, before claiming stuff like this.

Let me post the shots for you, as apparently you are keen on making this public:

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 191ffbc0b7
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... c8b8212635
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 04d60305d2
https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 0cfc164d47
And no everybody that is not 4 times the same link, these are supposed to be different edits.

You might want to tell us where the difference is. Blurry stays blurry in any case.

Some comments you received and ignored, in chronological order:
"...version should always include the manufacturer. DO NOT upload the same kind of photo if you already appealed one!"
"Version should ALWAYS INCLUDE THE MANUFACTURER! Umpth time that we mention this! DO NOT upload photos without proper info."
"See official warning. For the very last time, include the manufacturer! Otherwise a ban awaits. Ask for help in the feedback forum if you need it."
"Version is "Sichuan Tengden TA002 Striking Hawk", not "TA002 Striking Hawk". Version should ALWAYS include the manufacturer. You have an accepted photo with the correct info ,so I don't know why you keep uploading with the wrong info:"
Type should be Sichuan Tengden TA002. Airline should be Untitled.

Do you honestly want to tell us you cannot understand the meaning and that the ban is not justified?

I'll stop here - this is a waste of my time as well. I am always happy to help when someone has a point and will also say so when something went wrong on our side. Both is NOT the case.

ufospotter
Topic Author

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

The last photo had deleted, that i changed luminance and sharpness more than other rejected pics, I think it's reach the standard, and I'm not going to upload it. If it's rejected again, and several other photos in the screening queue all deleted,
Do you want to let the rejected photos replace that deleted photo?
version should include the manufacturer (reference image 5748907 ,it version not include manufacturer still accepted, at first, i reference it ,don't understood screeners meaning ,and even confused)
As well, Because my English is very poor, we can't understand each other's exact meaning very well.

airkas1
Head Screener

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:49 pm

I don't think it's good practise to issue an official warning and then ban the person shortly after. Users should be given a reasonable amount of time to understand and adjust. It's not good that that happened here, but I won't lift the ban either. We've told you so many times that the version should always include the manucturer. If you don't understand, then E-mail us or ask in the feedback forum. You should really familiarize yourself with the rules and take the time to fully understand them. It's a lot to take in. And it pays off to frequently visit this forum and learn from others.

If there is a language barrier, then ask someone to translate for you. We have screeners from China who could even translate, but if we don't know a language barrier exists, no action will be taken to translate for you.

As I wrote in another thread:

Versions are cumulative, not stacked.

Manufacturer: Northrop
Generic type: T-38C Talon
Version: T-38C Talon

is incorrect.

Manufacturer: Northrop
Generic type: Northrop T-38 Talon
Version: Northrop T-38C Talon

would be correct.

---

In this case:

Use the Aircraft Manufacturer Filter Enabled (MFE) --> tick "no".

Generic type: Northrop T-38 Talon
Version: Northrop T-38C Talon

is correct.

---

Sometimes the 'normal' way (MFE = yes) does not always display the entry correctly. Most of the times this is due to an incorrectly added entry by a photographer who does not know what he/she is doing. When you keep the cumulative part in mind; if the 'normal' way doesn't get you the desired result, tick the MFE "no" box and 99^% of the cases you will find a proper entry.

As for the photo quality, many of those overcast, misty, poor visibility photos turn out blurry/noise/quality. Please do yourself and us a favor and concede defeat after 2-3 attempts. I understand the want for uploading new registrations/aircraft, but sometimes we have to cut our losses.

JKPhotos
Screener

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:21 pm

I can only echo Kas, if there is a language barrier, please ask us for help either here or per mail. Uploading the same shot over and over isn't a good idea, neither for you, nor for us. It is lose-lose.
Next time: ask us. As said before, we have chinese team members who are surely willing to help as well

ufospotter
Topic Author

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 am

JKPhotos wrote:
I can only echo Kas, if there is a language barrier, please ask us for help either here or per mail. Uploading the same shot over and over isn't a good idea, neither for you, nor for us. It is lose-lose.
Next time: ask us. As said before, we have chinese team members who are surely willing to help as well

Thanks
All I know is there's a Chinese screener, I don't know there's a Chinese team.

JKPhotos
Screener

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:57 am

ufospotter wrote:
JKPhotos wrote:

Thanks
All I know is there's a Chinese screener, I don't know there's a Chinese team.

Chinese Team MEMBERS that would generally mean more than one (plural) in that case it is 2. Two people.
I was not talking about a dedicated team. :-)