PabloGaviria8
Topic Author

My photos and stuff...

Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 am

Greetings to all...
I will use this thread to ask for help with my photos before uploading them, rejection related subjects, etc.
Today I've been through some of my rejections and I have seen "personal message" as a reason for rejection in some of them. I would like to know what does this mean and how to avoid it. Thanks
Here is an example.

https://www.airliners.net/user/photo-co ... to/5713037

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PabloGaviria8 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

airkas1
Head Screener

Re: My photos and stuff...

Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:55 am

Hi Pablo,

to get the link to an image, please right-click the photo to copy the URL. The URL that includes 'photo-corner' always leads to the viewer's own photo corner. The link in this case is: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... caa97f6d46

You can fnd all rejection reasons in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1426915
Personal means that the screener left you a personal note. You can find the message in your rejection E-mail. The message contains additional information on what is wrong with the photo and/or where on the photo you can find the flaw. It may also include recommendations from time to time.

In this case, your image was rejected due to the poor light. the light is very harsh and coming from the top. With a common frame like a BA 747, this photo looks unfixable unfortuantely.

PabloGaviria8
Topic Author

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:03 pm

airkas1 wrote:
Hi Pablo,

to get the link to an image, please right-click the photo to copy the URL. The URL that includes 'photo-corner' always leads to the viewer's own photo corner. The link in this case is: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... caa97f6d46

You can fnd all rejection reasons in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1426915
Personal means that the screener left you a personal note. You can find the message in your rejection E-mail. The message contains additional information on what is wrong with the photo and/or where on the photo you can find the flaw. It may also include recommendations from time to time.

In this case, your image was rejected due to the poor light. the light is very harsh and coming from the top. With a common frame like a BA 747, this photo looks unfixable unfortuantely.
Thanks for your quick response. Everything is clear to me now.

PabloGaviria8
Topic Author

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Several months ago I uploaded a photo of a Bell 206 and got rejected because it was soft. As I said in the beginning of this thread I was reviewing my rejected photos and decided to appeal this photo.
This morning I got an email congratulating me for a new photo in the database. (The one that I appealed).
Now the problem is that apparently the photo got deleted immediately.
I want to know what happened, I'm confused.
ThanksImageImage

airkas1
Head Screener

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:17 pm

There is a bug where some newly added photos don’t show up. The photo was not deleted. If the photo still doesn’t show in 4 hours, please upload it again as priority with a message to the screeners that it is a ‘lost’ photo.

PabloGaviria8
Topic Author

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:25 pm

airkas1 wrote:
There is a bug where some newly added photos don’t show up. The photo was not deleted. If the photo still doesn’t show in 4 hours, please upload it again as priority with a message to the screeners that it is a ‘lost’ photo.
Nice to know that the photo wasn't deleted. I'll wait and see. Thanks airkas!