Ianlane1960
Topic Author

Photo rejected for personal message??

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:10 pm

I've submitted a photo of a French Air Force Pilatus PC-21 which isn't in the database. It's been rejected for having a personal message which I don't understand, I haven't watermarked the image or typed anything into the info other than the reg/serial numbers airport location and date. Any advice appreciated

Image10-709FL by Ian Lane, on Flickr

JKPhotos
Screener

Re: Photo rejected for personal message??

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:28 pm

I am sorry to say, but it is very hard for us to understand what you don't get about the personal messsage and which personal message you mean.

First you got the following personal message: "Tip of horizontal stabilizer is cropped out of the frame on the right side." Obviously you understood and uploaded again, then you got "Version should be PC-21, without "...". Builder field needs to be empty." So you have been asked to change the version of the aircraft on the upload page and lieave the builder field empty. In other words you did not select the right airctraft version (was missed on first screening).

Then of course the shot was rejected again, as you did not change the version. Weird enough (let me be so honest) you appealed then and of course the appeal was lost, again for Info and for blurriness.

So other then that the info was incorrect the shot is also blurry, which also has been mentioned before. And blurry is not fixable. Try to be more careful with the feedback you get. And if there's something you don't understand, please ask here BEFORE uploading the shot again unchanged or appealing.

BWIAirport

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Ianlane1960 wrote:
I've submitted a photo of a French Air Force Pilatus PC-21 which isn't in the database. It's been rejected for having a personal message which I don't understand, I haven't watermarked the image or typed anything into the info other than the reg/serial numbers airport location and date. Any advice appreciated

I used to get this confused too. It does not mean that your photo included a personal message like anything you mentioned. It means that, included in the email sent to you upon the rejection, the screener included a personal message for you.
Next flight: 3/1 DL2834 BWI-ATL B739
3/1 DL661 ATL-STT B752

SWA, UAL, DAL, AWE, ASA, TRS, DLH, CLH, AFR, BAW, EIN, AAL | E190 DC94 CRJ2 B712 B733 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B753 B762 B77W A319 A320 A20N A321 A333 A343 A388 MD88

JKPhotos
Screener

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:47 am

The rejection mail says: "The Screener left a comment regarding this photo:..." -> That is the Personal message.

I can see that this

"Here's why your photo was rejected:

Personal Message

Soft"

might be confusing. But even with that one can see the screener message I mentioned first and try to work on it. Either way if anything is unclear, please contact us here or via mail and we'll be happy to help.

Miguel1982
Head Screener

Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:09 am

Whenever something is not clear, it is always a good idea to review the acceptance guide. Here the section about Personal Message:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1426915#p21509849