Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
dutchspotter1
Topic Author
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm

Reject - colour

Mon May 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi all,

I just received a rejection that the colour is off at this picture:

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 2217aa8a31

Can anybody tell me what's wrong? Thanks in advance.
NO URLS in signature
 
User avatar
Moose135
Posts: 3130
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Re: Reject - colour

Mon May 11, 2020 9:53 pm

There's no woman on a beach in the foreground.
:duck:
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!
 
User avatar
HarryLi
Screener
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:51 am

Re: Reject - colour

Mon May 11, 2020 11:52 pm

Color looks not so bad I think, but as screener mentioned that the body of the a.c has a little bit magenta / reddish color. Reducing it slightly would be good.
BTW, you can actually just creat only on Thread for yourself and post all your problems there rather than making many like this ; ) Would be more convenient for all of us.

Regards,
I am a Guangzhou Spotter. My photos are here : https://www.airliners.net/search?user=20 ... =viewCount :D
 
dutchspotter1
Topic Author
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm

Re: Reject - colour

Tue May 12, 2020 7:16 am

HarryLi wrote:
Color looks not so bad I think, but as screener mentioned that the body of the a.c has a little bit magenta / reddish color.

That's only what the H.S. said after appeal (which has unfortunately become almost a standard procedure after any initial rejection), however the 'regular' screener rejected it for high in frame and underexposed. No mentioning of any colour flaws whatsoever (I had already reduced the reddish cast compared to my previous upload).
Don't get me wrong, I like the principle of screening (an extra pair of eyes) since a photographer might sometimes miss certain flaws and it COULD give valuable feedback in order to improve photography (or rather photo editing) skills. With these subjective/arbitrary rejections, however, it feels more like a roulette game. I've had dozens of photos accepted from this day/location, all edited in exactly the same way, so I doubt that none of those have the same reddish cast, are underexposed or high in frame.
I have just uploaded a new version: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 65c8d91ae5 Wondering if it will be rejected again for reddish cast or if it will be cyan cast this time. I guess I will find out in about 10 days :).
NO URLS in signature
 
yousaf465
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Reject - colour

Tue May 12, 2020 11:04 am

dutchspotter1 wrote:
HarryLi wrote:
Color looks not so bad I think, but as screener mentioned that the body of the a.c has a little bit magenta / reddish color.

That's only what the H.S. said after appeal (which has unfortunately become almost a standard procedure after any initial rejection), however the 'regular' screener rejected it for high in frame and underexposed. No mentioning of any colour flaws whatsoever (I had already reduced the reddish cast compared to my previous upload).
Don't get me wrong, I like the principle of screening (an extra pair of eyes) since a photographer might sometimes miss certain flaws and it COULD give valuable feedback in order to improve photography (or rather photo editing) skills. With these subjective/arbitrary rejections, however, it feels more like a roulette game. I've had dozens of photos accepted from this day/location, all edited in exactly the same way, so I doubt that none of those have the same reddish cast, are underexposed or high in frame.
I have just uploaded a new version: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 65c8d91ae5 Wondering if it will be rejected again for reddish cast or if it will be cyan cast this time. I guess I will find out in about 10 days :).

you are not Andrew Hunt!! nor you have any pairs of legs in the foreground.
Anyway, the second version looks better on my calibrated monitor.
yousaf465
 
yousaf465
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Reject - colour

Tue May 12, 2020 3:50 pm


This photo has a clear blue colour cast on aircraft. Still went through in top 10
yousaf465
 
User avatar
Crosswindphoto
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Re: Reject - colour

Tue May 12, 2020 4:47 pm

yousaf465 wrote:

This photo has a clear blue colour cast on aircraft. Still went through in top 10


That comes form the reflection of the ocean.
 
yousaf465
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:38 am

Re: Reject - colour

Tue May 12, 2020 7:12 pm

Crosswindphoto wrote:
yousaf465 wrote:

This photo has a clear blue colour cast on aircraft. Still went through in top 10


That comes form the reflection of the ocean.

And aircraft blurry too. In aviation sites, aircraft's Wb, sharpness, focus all matter doesn't it? Night images under yellow light have been rejected for bad Wb. In this case it was ignored.
yousaf465
 
dutchspotter1
Topic Author
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm

Re: Reject - colour

Sat May 23, 2020 11:48 am

dutchspotter1 wrote:
That's only what the H.S. said after appeal (which has unfortunately become almost a standard procedure after any initial rejection), however the 'regular' screener rejected it for high in frame and underexposed. No mentioning of any colour flaws whatsoever (I had already reduced the reddish cast compared to my previous upload).
Don't get me wrong, I like the principle of screening (an extra pair of eyes) since a photographer might sometimes miss certain flaws and it COULD give valuable feedback in order to improve photography (or rather photo editing) skills. With these subjective/arbitrary rejections, however, it feels more like a roulette game. I've had dozens of photos accepted from this day/location, all edited in exactly the same way, so I doubt that none of those have the same reddish cast, are underexposed or high in frame.
I have just uploaded a new version: https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 65c8d91ae5 Wondering if it will be rejected again for reddish cast or if it will be cyan cast this time. I guess I will find out in about 10 days :).

Surprise, surprise, the new version is now rejected for high in frame and "quality" (whatever that might be). Can anybody point out the difference in centering of this particular shot compared to these similar accepted shots: https://www.airliners.net/search?aircra ... splay=card
Thanks in advance for your help.
NO URLS in signature
 
JakTrax
Posts: 5179
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:30 am

Re: Reject - colour

Sat May 23, 2020 2:49 pm

It's not high in frame.
 
dutchspotter1
Topic Author
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:24 pm

Re: Reject - colour

Sat May 23, 2020 3:09 pm

Fortunately the HS agrees, now accepted on appeal.
NO URLS in signature

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos