Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

balz18
Topic Author

Post Screening Feedback - Not Making Sense

Wed May 20, 2020 12:57 am

Evening all,
I’ve had quite an eventful run all of a sudden with pictures just being all over the place and I’m not sure at this point if it’s me. Turning to the forums now for help and advice.

First is this shot of an AA 757

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 70aa9d81db

It was initially rejected for:
-Soft
Personal Msg - “Soft in places”
I disagreed with this so I appealed. The response was as follows after being rejected in the appeal:
-Blurry
-Oversharpened
Personal Msg - "It is actually blurry with oversharpening to compensate"

It’s difficult to not be rude but no... This is wrong but I’d like the masses option here.

Second shot is an AA 777

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... 50490b8ebf

It was initially rejected for:
-CCW
The issue was fixed and denied a second time for more issues with a fun message:
-Blurry
-Overexposed
-Oversharpened
Personal Msg - "sorry the other reasons were not mentioned before"

I’m not sure what we are seeing here... I can buy the overexposed, the sudden blurry (which is suddenly is a trend in screening) doesn’t make sense to me at all. Screeners are only human but blurry all of a sudden? No... and forgetting to add additional rejections just wastes my time.

Third shot is a mix:

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/ai ... c4dfec14fc

Initially rejected for:
-Overexposed
-Heat Haze

Again, I get the overexposed thing to a degree, but the heat haze? I’m not seeing enough of it to affect the picture especially as I have other shots that were accepted, on the same day, same settings, same time and conditions that are affected by heat haze.

It’s a lot folks I know. I’m getting very frustrated because some of these bizarre rejections make zero sense when looking at the shot. It’s starting to seem more like just random nonsense.

Thanks All,
Mike
First class or no class...

dutchspotter1

Re: Post Screening Feedback - Not Making Sense

Wed May 20, 2020 7:11 am

AA 757: I'd agree with the rejection on appeal, windows and gear look blurry and so do the titles on the nosewheeldoor.
AA 777: I'd say it needs CW rotation in stead of CCW. Furthermore light is terrible, a/c looks overexposed and windows (especially the front part) look blurry, which might be caused by low contrast due to the overexposure.
Mix: top of fuselage of the SAS and the Copa aircraft look either jagged or heathazed, so a valid rejection. Exposure doesn't look too bad, only marginally overexposed perhaps.
NO URLS in signature

yousaf465

Wed May 20, 2020 10:48 am

dutchspotter1 wrote:
AA 757: I'd agree with the rejection on appeal, windows and gear look blurry and so do the titles on the nosewheeldoor.
AA 777: I'd say it needs CW rotation in stead of CCW. Furthermore light is terrible, a/c looks overexposed and windows (especially the front part) look blurry, which might be caused by low contrast due to the overexposure.
Mix: top of fuselage of the SAS and the Copa aircraft look either jagged or heathazed, so a valid rejection. Exposure doesn't look too bad, only marginally overexposed perhaps.

AA 757 was shot at 1/3200 of a second, this makes it interesting.
yousaf465

dutchspotter1

Wed May 20, 2020 2:06 pm

yousaf465 wrote:
AA 757 was shot at 1/3200 of a second, this makes it interesting.

Shutter speed is not the only parameter for sharpness, also lens quality, distance, F-number, VR/IS settings, etc.
NO URLS in signature