Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

comet1
Topic Author

Hard to get reedits accepted after first rejection

Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi,
this pic was first rejected for oversharpened only:
https://abload.de/img/q33a8608-1grossfilter5gkjm.jpg

I reedited it with lower sharpening and al other setting were untouched. I uploaded it again with the notice that lower sharpening was done as required after first rejection with this pic
https://abload.de/img/q33a8608-1grossfilter7bkdy.jpg

Rejected with that:
Colour
Personal Message
Quality
Heat Haze

I appealed with this text:
First rejection was oversharpened only and now so may additional issues? I only fixed the oversharpening of course believing the rest is ok! Sorry to say, but this makes reediting a bit senseles and is waste of time for both of us.

… and got this answer to the appeal:
Oversharpened
Common

Well, I think that a deep inconsistency in the screening process cannot be denied.
Especially the common rejection at the end which cannot be fixed is an affront to me as photographer who takes time and effort to support this site. If it would be rejected first with common I would have accepted it although a quick search only shows 4 pics in this livery in FRA and all in the air without any airport landscape!!!
All this together is very questionable to me.

Best greetings anyways

Rainer

jelpee
Head Screener

Re: Hard to get reedits accepted after first rejection

Wed May 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi Rainer, I was one of those that looked at your Appeal. I cannot explain the second rejection for color, quality and heat haze. Since I did not see any of those flaws, I sent it for a second opinion to another Head Screener with the comment that the only issue that I saw was that it was oversharpened (visible in the title) and that this was a common registration in the DB. Any registration that has over 100 images in the DB is deemed "Common". While Common is not used as a sole reason for rejection, it is used with other flaws. Standards of acceptance for Common registrations are higher. I believe the second Head Screener agreed that oversharpening was the only remaining flaw together with it being "Common". If this was a new registration, or a rare one (less than 10), it may have been acceptable.

Again, can't explain the second screening results and won't attempt to either. Apologies for any grief that may have caused you.

Regards,

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

comet1
Topic Author

Wed May 20, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi Jehan, thank you for your quick and respectful reply and thank you for the explanation. Well, the first rejection was oversharpened and "common" not added what would have been necessary after your explanations. But one detail should not be forgot: This a/c is in the db with only 34 pics in the new colors and there is no pic at all which shows it in this for me quite interesting angle being pulled. Many of the 34 pics are in the air showing nothing around. So the common rule make no sense to me personally in this case. So I keep it in my collection!
Best greetings

Rainer

dutchspotter1

Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Curious why the blocked nosegear and engine wasn't mentioned as a rejection reason.
NO URLS in signature

spompert

Thu May 21, 2020 4:15 am

dutchspotter1 wrote:
Curious why the blocked nosegear and engine wasn't mentioned as a rejection reason.

I believe towing trucks are allowed to block parts of the plane as long as they are towing the aircraft actively. I read the upload guide lately because I had a similar issue and remembered this. Greets