Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

PRM
Topic Author

Unprofessional screener feedback

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:53 am

Hi all,

I don't post here much, but have contributed thousand of photos to the site since 2002.

I submitted a shot of a flyNAS A320neo which was rejected for underexposed, low contrast. So, since I thought the shot could be salvaged, and as there are only 2 shots of this frame on the database, I re-worked and re-uploaded as I do with shots that have constructive feedback to help understand how they can be fixed.

This morning I get the re-worked image rejected this morning with the following screener remarks:

''Here's why your photo was rejected:

- Low Contrast
- Noise
- Quality
- Soft

The Screener left a comment regarding this photo:
"how can someone keeps "improving" such a shitty photo?!"

I find this to be extraordinarily rude and unhelpful. Here's the image in question:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/9/8/2/6051289.jpg?v=v49f7585e50f__;!!GOZoAE6SQk4fYw!iCQHr9PAlJ1owDeJiQ_quh8vaOtb32REIeZoyBNFSZTzADQ9SH1Kj7sbcGUR2GBVshk$

Paul (PRM)

Groover158

Re: Unprofessional screener feedback

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:14 am

Ouch! That’s really untidy. Not what one would expect from a screener.

johnr

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:15 am

Whoever the screener is who wrote that comment should be relived of his screening duties immediately.

JakTrax

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:30 am

I've seen 'shittier' accepted here.

qf789

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:42 pm

PRM wrote:
Hi all,

I don't post here much, but have contributed thousand of photos to the site since 2002.

I submitted a shot of a flyNAS A320neo which was rejected for underexposed, low contrast. So, since I thought the shot could be salvaged, and as there are only 2 shots of this frame on the database, I re-worked and re-uploaded as I do with shots that have constructive feedback to help understand how they can be fixed.

This morning I get the re-worked image rejected this morning with the following screener remarks:

''Here's why your photo was rejected:

- Low Contrast
- Noise
- Quality
- Soft

The Screener left a comment regarding this photo:
"how can someone keeps "improving" such a shitty photo?!"

I find this to be extraordinarily rude and unhelpful. Here's the image in question:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/9/8/2/6051289.jpg?v=v49f7585e50f__;!!GOZoAE6SQk4fYw!iCQHr9PAlJ1owDeJiQ_quh8vaOtb32REIeZoyBNFSZTzADQ9SH1Kj7sbcGUR2GBVshk$

Paul (PRM)

I would suggest you contact the Head Screeners so it can be looked into
Forum Moderator

qf789

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:47 pm

johnr wrote:
Whoever the screener is who wrote that comment should be relived of his screening duties immediately.

Ummm no they shouldnt. It should first be investigated first and I am sure once it is there is probably a explanation to it, at worst an apology should be issued and maybe some follow up training. It could just be a crew member just having a bad day, we have all had those and considering the amount of abuse we crew members get from users I am surprised this doesnt happen more often
Forum Moderator

Kaphias

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:34 pm

qf789 wrote:
johnr wrote:

Ummm no they shouldnt. It should first be investigated first and I am sure once it is there is probably a explanation to it, at worst an apology should be issued and maybe some follow up training. It could just be a crew member just having a bad day, we have all had those and considering the amount of abuse we crew members get from users I am surprised this doesnt happen more often

Please don't equate people sh-- posting from their mother's basement to photographers who spend thousands of dollars and hours to create photos for this website, without getting anything in return other than the exposure and joy of sharing.

wiggy

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:34 pm

whoa OFFENSIVE!!!!!

jelpee
Head Screener

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 am

Hello Paul,

At the outset, sincere apologies for this incident.

After an internal review, it has been confirmed that the message was intended for internal sharing, but was inadvertently shared with you. As you may expect, screeners do share feedback on images and photographers internally, and with the intention of confidentiality. We regret that confidentiality was not maintained in this case.

The screener in this case is one of our newer members. Feedback has been shared with the screener and we do not anticipate any future occurrences. On behalf of Airliners.net, please accept our apologies.

Regards,

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

PRM
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone, and thank you Jehan for the apology.

I'd like to recommend the language used between screeners is kept proper when second opinions are sought internally, to prevent any future repeat. Any comment intended internally which becomes accidentally sent out with the rejection email causes no problem, and is inoffensive if civil language is used.

Moose135

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:45 pm

jelpee wrote:
After an internal review, it has been confirmed that the message was intended for internal sharing, but was inadvertently shared with you. As you may expect, screeners do share feedback on images and photographers internally, and with the intention of confidentiality. We regret that confidentiality was not maintained in this case.

"Sorry, you weren't supposed to see the offensive comments the screener made about you."
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

johnr

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:01 pm

Yes, it’s nice to know what they think about us.....behind our backs. I think every rejection/acceptance should have the screener name visible. If the screener is confidant in their own ability this shouldn’t be a problem.

rlwynn

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 am

The response from the head screener is pretty weak. And the user name of the rejecting screener should be public.
I can drive faster than you

scbriml

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 am

johnr wrote:
Yes, it’s nice to know what they think about us.....behind our backs. I think every rejection/acceptance should have the screener name visible. If the screener is confidant in their own ability this shouldn’t be a problem.

What will that help to achieve?

rlwynn wrote:
And the user name of the rejecting screener should be public.

What would that help to achieve?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

wiggy

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 am

don't say it at all thats the best way to fix it