Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

firemun
Topic Author

Screener comments

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 pm

I submitted a couple photos and they were rejected and I do not understand the screener comments. One comment was CW rotation. I assume this is clockwise rotation but what is rotated? It is a photo of a helicopter shot at a 3/4 view. I see lots of airplanes on here with that perspective. Another photo comments were "info, personal message". It is a photo of an air ambulance with a hospital name on it. What it is the issue? I sent an email via the website asking the same questions had the screener comments repeated to me. That is not helpful. Any advice?

jelpee
Head Screener

Re: Screener comments

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 pm

Hello Firemun,

CW rotation means the horizontal and vertical reference points in the image are askew and need clockwise rotation. Usually aligning a distant horizontal reference such as a horizon, background runway edge, or a building roof line corrects the issue. Alternatively, vertical references such as the sides of tall buildings, or light poles work as well. In the case of vertical references, make sure you select a reference in the center of the frame.

Re. the Personal Message, it means the screener included an additional comment re. the rejection category "Information". In your case the personal message was "Helicopter is titled". This means, there was information missing from your upload. I'm guessing you left the Airline field blank. If titles are visible in the image, you need to include it in the "Airline" field. Therefore the screener reminded you that the Helicopter has visible titles. I admit, it could have been more clear.

Re. the response to your email and the claim that the screener simply repeated the message: I read your email. To be fair, your comment was " I am not sure what the personal message is the screener is referring to...". I too interpreted that to mean that a PM was not showing in your email. Therefore, the screener responded by restating the PM. Both your images were also underexposed which I believe was also conveyed to you as part of the feedback,

Regards,

Jehan
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

firemun
Topic Author

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I understand the underexposed comments but did not understand the other comments hence I asked. I did follow up with a second email asking for clarification. I would like to learn what is needed to have photos that are acceptable and the only way I know to do that is ask.

Kaphias

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:35 am

firemun wrote:
I would like to learn what is needed to have photos that are acceptable and the only way I know to do that is ask.

Best way to do that is to post them here in the forum before you upload to the website and ask for feedback. There are several community members and screeners here to give advice and feedback.