Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JLouie
Topic Author

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:01 am

Hi I was wondering if I could get some clarification as to what I need to do to fix this photo.

I'm not exactly clear on what is wrong. The original isn't overexposed. The sky is lighter because the aircraft was taking off to the northwest and the sun was coming from the southeast. No part of the aircraft is just blown out or clipped. I was also wondering what was meant by low contrast. How much more do I need to bump up the contrast? From my pov this looks fine in terms of contrast, but obviously I am wrong here. How do I 'know' when I've added enough contrast? I understand it is a bit subjective, hence the quotation marks, but is there some objective I should be looking for? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jordan

JLouie
Topic Author

Re: Feedback: JLouie

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:20 pm

On the same note I also had this shot rejected for low contrast.

I am honestly very confused what the standard is here. What is the qualitative difference between the shot above and the shot below? The first was rejected for low contrast and the one below was accepted.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out and clarify some things because it honestly feels like a lottery trying to get photos accepted here.

JLouie
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:50 am

I guess I've had no luck getting feedback here, but I'll try again. Can someone please explain what here is oversharpened?

I'm honestly not seeing the jagged edges that are usually characteristic of oversharpening.

Thanks

jelpee

Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:08 pm

Except for the DL B737 the other images are not visible when you click on the thumbnails. If you can post them via another method, I'd be happy to give you my thoughts.

Regards,

Jehan