Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jalap
Topic Author

Re-upload rejection - how to handle this

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:41 am

Hey,

I'm wondering what to do with a shot I uploaded earlier, but now that I found a better shot I want the better one in the database.

It's old shots, scanned slides. One I scanned, then edited and uploaded. But when I was scanning yesterday, I came across the same shot but with different (better) light. Must say I don't exactly remember te day or days I made the shots (1992, well it's been a while). I think the one uploaded was made a few hours earlier than the one I like better. Could also be that there's a day in between the 2 shots. But it's the same plane, it was parked all this time, shot from exactly the same position.
So, I'd say uploading both would be a double. So I used re-upload, but that's been rejected because it isn't the same shot...

Now I don't know what to do.
Delete the older one and upload the new one (don't find how to delete the old one...). Or just add the new one too?

The one in the database that gave me a hard time getting the colours about right, and with the sun not in an optimal position:

And the one with better light:

HarryLi
Screener

Re: Re-upload rejection - how to handle this

Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:46 am

Hi Jalap !

You can always use the "Reupload" function which can be easily found in "Photo Corner" ---> "Accepted" ---> "Photo you want to switch"---> "Reupload" to replace the current ACCEPTED photo with another better one. Follow the instructions shwon there would be done easily !
Hope that helps !

SIncerely,
Harry

Jalap
Topic Author

Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:14 am

HarryLi wrote:
Hi Jalap !

You can always use the "Reupload" function which can be easily found in "Photo Corner" ---> "Accepted" ---> "Photo you want to switch"---> "Reupload" to replace the current ACCEPTED photo with another better one. Follow the instructions shwon there would be done easily !
Hope that helps !

SIncerely,
Harry

Hello, thanks for the reply, but my question was prompted because my re-upload was rejected. Rejection reason was that a re-upload should be the same photo...

dutchspotter1

Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:54 pm

Jalap wrote:
Hello, thanks for the reply, but my question was prompted because my re-upload was rejected. Rejection reason was that a re-upload should be the same photo...

Had a similar experience a couple of months ago. Best way to proceed is to send an email to the (head)screeners requesting to delete the accepted photo (mention the photo ID number) and then upload the new version in the regular way.

vikkyvik

Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Jalap wrote:
HarryLi wrote:
Hi Jalap !

Hope that helps !

SIncerely,
Harry

Re-upload function is to upload a better version of an existing shot. Not to replace it with a different shot.

So your re-upload was correctly rejected. Historically, the site has not really allowed photographers to delete one shot and upload a different one. Don't know if that's still the policy.

jelpee

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Normally, If it is a different image, it needs to be resubmitted. However, you will need to request that the existing image be deleted.

Based on the circumstances that you have described, go ahead and use the Re-upload function that Harry referenced with a comment explaining the situation and the reference to this thread.

Regards,

Jehan