Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MMCelik
Topic Author

Vignette problem

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:27 pm

Hello to everyone

Recently my photos started getting rejected from the vignette. Of course just skyshots. Actually, I always take the same photos. My equipment and settings are the same.

I'm using the Canon EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM which is considered one of the best lenses in the world. My camera is Canon 7D mark II. Not a full frame. I took the attached photo with this equipment and the usual settings.

I shoot in A mode. Exif values of this last rejected photo: f/6,3 – ISO 100 - focal length 153 mm - exposure time 1/1250. The time it was taken 10:01 AM.

It's the same with the photos I took in the previous cloudless sky and bright sun. But this is the first time my photos of this type are rejected.

Anyway. I don't know what to do. Maybe there is a problem with the camera settings. I would be glad if anyone with knowledge and experience can help me. Thanks.

P4-KDE-MMC_4102.jpg

P4-KDE-MMC_4102E.jpg

MMCelik
Topic Author

Re: Vignette problem

Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:36 am

Excuse me, I added a photos but it doesn't show. I think I'm making a mistake. Anyway, I'm adding the original and equalized flickr links of the photo here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191396407@N03/51476439103

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191396407@N03/51475423417

BWIAirport

Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:52 pm

Just to be sure which of these photos were submitted? The first or second link?

MMCelik
Topic Author

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:55 am

In the first link, there is a photo that I uploaded to the site and was rejected.
I have equalized the colors so that you can see the vignette in the photo in the 2nd link.

Psych

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:46 am

MMCelik wrote:
In the first link, there is a photo that I uploaded to the site and was rejected.
I have equalized the colors so that you can see the vignette in the photo in the 2nd link.

Hello. I will stick my neck out and say that, if this is equalised in Photoshop, then any vignetting would show easily. I see nothing. I don't think the photo should have been rejected for this reason on that basis. Coincidentally I recently had a photo also rejected for vignetting, when I was confident there was none. I put in an appeal and that was successful.

Paul

MMCelik
Topic Author

Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:07 am

Psych wrote:
MMCelik wrote:

Hello. I will stick my neck out and say that, if this is equalised in Photoshop, then any vignetting would show easily. I see nothing. I don't think the photo should have been rejected for this reason on that basis. Coincidentally I recently had a photo also rejected for vignetting, when I was confident there was none. I put in an appeal and that was successful.

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul. There is some vignetting in the top left and I think it has to do with the camera settings. For this reason I'm thinking of shooting by changing the camera settings. I took this photo with 6.3 aperture and +3 exposure compensation. This is my standard settings. Some of my friends suggested that I shoot with 8 or 9 apertures and 0 exposure compensation. I will try these settings as well. I hope it works. Thanks again for your interest.