Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ASOSpotter
Topic Author

Camera Settings

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:41 pm

To the Airliners team,

Why not make the settings for Camera settings Standard. It would be one less thing to tick, and also it wold be good to see what camera is used to achieve the shot.

HarryLi
Screener

Re: Camera Settings

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:39 am

Why not make the settings for Camera settings Standard.

I'm not sure which part are you referring to, but I am guessing that you are talking about the EXIF showing option above the Watermark tab.
From my personal opinion is that sometimes some people don't want to show the details of equipment of stats they used when they photographed because of various reasons (ex. military base / requirement). Besides, if sometimes people forgot to change the time zone or area setting inside the camera, the time shown in the EXIF might be different from what the real date / time is, and this could create confusion to viewers sometime. So making it as a optional choice seems somehow reasonable from this point although your point is pretty persuasive as well.
Just my 2 cent for it ; )

Regards,
Harry

petertenthije

Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:17 am

HarryLi wrote:

I'm not sure which part are you referring to, but I am guessing that you are talking about the EXIF showing option above the Watermark tab.
From my personal opinion is that sometimes some people don't want to show the details of equipment of stats they used when they photographed because of various reasons (ex. military base / requirement). Besides, if sometimes people forgot to change the time zone or area setting inside the camera, the time shown in the EXIF might be different from what the real date / time is, and this could create confusion to viewers sometime. So making it as a optional choice seems somehow reasonable from this point although your point is pretty persuasive as well.

Regards,
Harry

Could the EXIF data be set up such that outside factors like location and date/time are optional, but that technical settings such as aperture, exposure, focal length etc are still visible by default?

ASOSpotter
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:29 am

HarryLi wrote:

Regards,
Harry

Yes Harry, I was referring to the EXIF data. I asked as it seems like it should just be part of the standard settings.

ASOSpotter
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:30 am

petertenthije wrote:
HarryLi wrote:

Regards,
Harry

Could the EXIF data be set up such that outside factors like location and date/time are optional, but that technical settings such as aperture, exposure, focal length etc are still visible by default?

A good idea Peter, a very good idea. It will make the site look more professional compared to the 'others'.