Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Chanwool
Topic Author

Bad Info rejection?

Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:29 am

I uploaded a photo of UAL B789 N29971. I used auto complete and this is the info that I uploaded for my photo.
Airline: United Airlines
Version: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
Generic Type: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
Basic Type: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
Manufacturer: Boeing
MSN: 60147
Line No.: 642
Reg.: N29971
Taken: December 17, 2022
Category: Normal/Other Paint, Airliner/Other, Airline/Other, Normal/Other

and was rejected "bad info" and I appealed, and was rejected "bad info" again. Why is that?

ASOSpotter

Re: Bad Info rejection?

Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:47 am

This site needs a major overhaul for this, multiple selections for aircraft which is the same, and also for airports where in some cases, the same airport is listed in three different states.

I'm all for making a rejection when its wrong, however, this site seems now to favour not excepting images than it does actually excepting any. Even if the info provided by the site is wrong, surely a screener or the owner/s of the site could tidy up their own house before making it the uploaders issue.

HL7726

Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:37 am

Go to email support@airliners.net. In this case that you had given bad info is 'didn't vacate builer blank.'.Also I accepted same one as yours, I hadn't been noticed about 'bad info' even I had submitted with autocomplited information. In autocomplited information, there are no inserted builder corner.
Finally your case is correctly the screener's bad call.

eggohoek
Head Screener

Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:04 pm

EXIF says the photo was taken on January 14, 2023. You have uploaded with December 17, 2022

nstampede002

Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:57 pm

eggohoek wrote:
EXIF says the photo was taken on January 14, 2023. You have uploaded with December 17, 2022

N29971 was in ICN on 17DEC2022. It wasn't in ICN on 14JAN2023. The info is good - perhaps something when the image was processed changed that date in the EXIF.

Josh

HL7726

Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:59 am

eggohoek wrote:

You should see 'ubikais.fois.go.kr' In 2023.01.14 UAL planes had arrived ICN were N2331U,N17963 according to UBIKAIS.

scbriml

Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:35 pm

eggohoek wrote:

If this was the reason the shot was rejected, why couldn't the original screener or head screener (for the appeal) say this to the uploader? Why just create confusion and frustration when there's no need?

eggohoek
Head Screener

Tue May 02, 2023 6:54 pm

scbriml wrote:
eggohoek wrote:

If this was the reason the shot was rejected, why couldn't the original screener or head screener (for the appeal) say this to the uploader? Why just create confusion and frustration when there's no need?

I did not screen this photo. Original screener left this personal message: "The date does not match the date of the photo"

scbriml

Thu May 04, 2023 4:25 pm

eggohoek wrote:
scbriml wrote:
eggohoek wrote:

I did not screen this photo. Original screener left this personal message: "The date does not match the date of the photo"

Well, that does rather change the narrative. It's a shame that OP neglected to add that tidbit. :banghead:

Chanwool
Topic Author

Sun May 21, 2023 5:08 am

The EXIF can be wrong. The date on my camera is diffrent from real. This is so annoying.

aeromoe

Thu May 25, 2023 3:00 pm

Chanwool wrote:
The EXIF can be wrong. The date on my camera is diffrent from real. This is so annoying.

Is this a known problem with your camera? I'm just curious what body you are using.

Barbro

Sun May 28, 2023 8:36 am

It seems that the info rejection is really inconsistent anyways.
I remember "back in the day", when the slightest of errors in the info led to a rejection. Now you can get away with murder if you're lucky, and then sometimes anything goes. Just recently I was checking one airframe, if there's any pics of it in the dbase. This is what I found:
https://www.airliners.net/search?keywords=ei-hgp&sortBy=dateAccepted&sortOrder=desc&perPage=36&display=detail

Five pics of said airframe with 3 combinations of info, in some of them the exact type being wrong. Should be the same info in all of them.
At some point I used the "correction"-functionality, but this so widespread that lost the appetite for this.

It is really frustrating getting a "bad info" rejection, and then see this..

Moose135

Sun May 28, 2023 8:00 pm

aeromoe wrote:
Is this a known problem with your camera?

Not the OP, but one of my bodies (I have a pair of 5D3s) keeps resetting the date/time. I've replaced the internal battery, but it still does it sometimes. If I don't catch it and reset it correctly, I'll end up with shots with the wrong date on the EXIF - I shot a ton of stuff at an air show last week all dated Jan 1, 2000...

aeromoe

Tue May 30, 2023 2:38 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
Moose135 wrote:
aeromoe wrote:
Is this a known problem with your camera?

Not the OP, but one of my bodies (I have a pair of 5D3s) keeps resetting the date/time. I've replaced the internal battery, but it still does it sometimes. If I don't catch it and reset it correctly, I'll end up with shots with the wrong date on the EXIF - I shot a ton of stuff at an air show last week all dated Jan 1, 2000...

Interesting dilemma. I've been shooting with Canon DSLRs since 2003 (and Canon SLR since 1978) and have never had that issue with any of my bodies. Granted, my only full frame is a 6D MkII but I've had 10D, 30D, 2x 60D, 70D, 2x 7DMkII, the 6DMk II and now my R7 (not a DSLR of course). I did have an issue in the field once while birding in Thailand in Feb 2018 where at some point the time stamp became corrupt but I later correct it. It wasn't a reset to Jan 1, 2000...more like a time zone thing...but I had changed the time zone days prior so I don't have any idea what caused mine to spontaneously change.

Moose135

Tue May 30, 2023 2:49 pm

I've had it happen when the internal battery dies, and replacing it usually takes care of the issue. I may replace it again - I have two 5d3 bodies, and I assume I replaced the battery in the correct one...it may have been an old battery, they go into a few different things, and the package was probably sitting around for a while. I may buy a new package and replace it again.

Chanwool
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:19 am

@aeromoe
I use Canon EOS M50, but I've never set the date on the camera. The gap between the camera and the real date is 28 days.

Chanwool
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:22 am

eggohoek wrote:

Umm... The result haven't changed yet.. My mails were all ignored.

Chanwool
Topic Author

Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:46 am

scbriml wrote:
eggohoek wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Well, that does rather change the narrative. It's a shame that OP neglected to add that tidbit. :banghead:

Nothing changed.. The screening was 100% wrong. The result should be changed to accept.

scbriml

Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:05 pm

Chanwool wrote:
scbriml wrote:
eggohoek wrote:

Nothing changed.. The screening was 100% wrong. The result should be changed to accept.

You were told precisely why your shot was rejected. Starting this thread without conveying that piece of information just wasted everyone’s time.

Chanwool
Topic Author

Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:06 pm

@scbriml
You just blame me even though it was the screener's wrong decision. Why do I have to be blamed by uploading a appeal topic on the forum? Why does the forum corner exist?

scbriml

Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:28 am

Chanwool wrote:
@scbriml
You just blame me even though it was the screener's wrong decision. Why do I have to be blamed by uploading a appeal topic on the forum? Why does the forum corner exist?

Yes, I’m blaming you for wasting people’s time by excluding a crucial piece of information in your initial post. You wilfully chose to not inform us that you had been told the exact reason why your shot had been rejected.

Who is responsible for the date & time in your camera being wrong?

Chanwool
Topic Author

Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:37 pm

scbriml wrote:
Chanwool wrote:
@scbriml

Yes, I’m blaming you for wasting people’s time by excluding a crucial piece of information in your initial post. You wilfully chose to not inform us that you had been told the exact reason why your shot had been rejected.

If you didn't want to waste your so important time you could have just ignore it. I can't understand why you upload comments cause you wanted to and then blame me for wasting your time. Stupid.

Everyone says that it was a screener's bad call. I don't understand why you are so mad with that lol. I've uploaded photos all the time like this and rejecting only one photo with this rejection reason is very weird.

I couldn't check the screening result e-mail for a personal reason. Blaming without asking the reason is the dumbest thing to do. And this is what exactly you are doing.

scbriml

Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:15 pm

Chanwool wrote:
scbriml wrote:
Chanwool wrote:
@scbriml

If you didn't want to waste your so important time you could have just ignore it. I can't understand why you upload comments cause you wanted to and then blame me for wasting your time. Stupid.

Everyone says that it was a screener's bad call. I don't understand why you are so mad with that lol. I've uploaded photos all the time like this and rejecting only one photo with this rejection reason is very weird.

I couldn't check the screening result e-mail for a personal reason. Blaming without asking the reason is the dumbest thing to do. And this is what exactly you are doing.

Epic comprehension failure on your part.

I didn't come here to waste my time, I came here to try and help a fellow photographer. Unfortunately, that photographer wasted the time of nine different folks who tried to help by failing to tell us that you had been told precisely why your shot was rejected. Whether or not the rejection was correct, you failed to provide the most crucial piece of information.

You missed answering my question - who is responsible for the date & time in your camera being wrong? To use your own word, stupid.

Please don't worry, I'll ignore any of your future rejection threads.