Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

draigonair
Topic Author

Rejection - Double (DRAIGONAIR)

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:26 am

Hey guys,

I just got a rejection for double. Now im not sure if i agree here and would like to here your opinion.

This photo is in the database:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Nick De Jonge Photography

This one got rejected for double.
https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...28_v1258892428.7842phbdnbankv2.jpg

Now i know its the same cockpit, but a total different situation. Therefore i find it rather strange that its going for double. I also over read this in a rejection mail (it got rejected for contrast/grainy/double. I corrected the grainy/contrast) and re uploaded a better shot. I then got a warning:
"Due to violations of our photo upload rules and guidelines, you are being warned."

Anyways i just wanted to know what are th rules with the same cockpit but different situations (i only have one cockpit shot of that plane accepted).

Let me know!

Nick
cheers

Plainplane

RE: Rejection - Double (DRAIGONAIR)

Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Since the shots were taken in noticeably different situations (one on approach and one at FL280), it definitely shouldn't be a double violation, provided my understanding of the rule is correct.

alevik

Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Looks to me like the screener forgot to check the "overexposed" box. The left window view the highlights are totally blown.
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

p2philip

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Quoting Alevik (Reply 2):
Looks to me like the screener forgot to check the "overexposed" box. The left window view the highlights are totally blown.

True, but this does not answer why it was rejected for double....

draigonair
Topic Author

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 am

If anyone can help me that would be nice!

cheers
Nick
cheers

draigonair
Topic Author

Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:23 pm

Well i decided to appeal the shot since i wasnt getting any response here. I explained that i didnt agree with the double shot (and that i also tried to get answers from this forum). The photo was rejected again and i got the comment: ''read your emails! this was rejected and appealed for double so that ends your chances for this shot. Upload it again and you will be banned''

I still don't understand WHY its double. If someone can please explain that to me.
Not very fun to get this email...also feels like being treated as a newbie photographer. Guess those 10years of being here don't really matter.

Nick
cheers

Silver1SWA

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Quoting DRAIGONAIR (Reply 5):
The photo was rejected again and i got the comment: ''read your emails! this was rejected and appealed for double so that ends your chances for this shot. Upload it again and you will be banned''

If they are telling you to look in your email for an email sent to you answering your question, ok you should have your answer now. But if they are telling you to read your rejection emails for the rejection reason, then that comment is quite harsh. All you want is a clear answer and I think you deserve one if you haven't received on yet.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

draigonair
Topic Author

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 pm

no answer yet about double.

cheers Nick
cheers

aussie18

Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:08 am

Hi Nick,

Please read this:
https://www.airliners.net/faq/rejection_reasons.php#double

We only accept multiple cockpit shots if:

They clearly show different parts of the cockpit.
When the outside view is showing a different airport.
When one is taken in daylight and one taken at night.

In my opinion reading that its a double-Personally I think the crop isnt great aswell(bordering on motive)

Cheers Mark.

spencer

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:07 am

Quoting DRAIGONAIR (Reply 5):
you will be banned

Unbelievable. I feel the site peaked a long time ago and it won't be long before the other ones take over. Look on any forum, read the emails being sent between established photogs, see the amount of people pulling out of A.net all together, heading over to other sites. It's poor, it really is. Very elitist and, to be fair, rude in some respects. Who's running things here? Who's site is it?
That rejected photo could've been uploaded, and subsequently accepted here, if Nick had chosen to put another date on it. Sad! It's clearly two different phases of flight, why's it got to show an airport for acceptance?
I'm sure I'll be getting my paragraph 1N/1M post deletion mail soon. I don't care anymore, it's getting silly.
Spencer.
EOS1D4, 7D, 30D, 100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, 70-200/2.8 L IS2 USM, 17-40 f4 L USM, 24-105 f4 L IS USM, 85 f1.8 USM

INNflight

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 am

Quoting Spencer (Reply 9):
It's poor, it really is. Very elitist and, to be fair, rude in some respects.

So true! But hey....high horses..!

With the great restriction on jumpseat flights nowadays it sure makes sense to reject one but still allow people to upload a shot of the economy cabin, the business class cabin, the first class cabin, the first class bar and the first class toilet......all taken on the very same aircraft on the very same day....  Yeah sure
Jet Visuals

draigonair
Topic Author

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:11 am

Update: Ah well, it at least go on the other site with no problems..

shame really.

cheers and happy holidays!
cheers

Plainplane

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:28 am

Yep, congrats on making their front page with it. I've noticed that A.net often passes up many great photos because certain rules seem to be a very little bit too strict. While a double rule is important for what it is and its purpose I think two different phases of flight like that should be considered acceptable especially considering the differences between the shots.

And the over the edge responses to it in my opinion are enough to turn off even the best photographers. A response like Mark's should have come well before the ban threats.