Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

moddin
Topic Author

Hot Photo Rejected

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 pm

Hello,

I got this picture of TUIfly's newest logo jet rejected: https://www.airliners.net/procphotos/...ename=v1334933177.993107d-ahfr.jpg with the comment "Quality insufficient for 1600 pix" and "soft", after uploading it again in 1200px it got rejected as "Sorry, quality's just not there." and "over-sharpened" (due to the reduction of the size). At this time no pictures of this color scheme were in the data base. When I compare this rejected picture with my accepted one of Air Berlin A330 OneWorld logo jet and this one of Air Corsica in 1600px (https://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Corsica/Airbus-A320-214/2084995/L/ ), I don't understand the reasons. If it would be a normal upload I could live with the rejection reason, but normally also bad hot pictures where accepted. Can anyone explain please?

Also look at this one of me: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...lines/Boeing-777-312-ER/2008044/L/ there is to much contrast in it. I wanted to delete in from the queue when I realized it but it already was accepted. I uploaded it as hot picture as well.

Thanks for help, Martin

whisperjet

RE: Hot Photo Rejected

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Martin,

I would agree with the rejection reason. The picture looks quite soft and the quality is definitely not there for a picture in high resolution. It might work around 1000px though.

I don't belong to the team that screens 'hot' images but I would tend to say that there are different standards depending on how newsworthy and unique a picture is. The Singapore Airlines overrun you documented was covered in the news that day and shows something that is not likely to be photographed again soon while a new Logojet is something different as it is around for years and we will certainly get many more pictures of it taken in better conditions.

Stefan
Nobody is perfect - not even a perfect fool.

alevik

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Certainly at that large of size (the original 1600 pix wide version) the quality is just not there. And for a "hot" photo of a new logojet, when all we are trying to do is show the new livery, is it really necessary for such a large size?

I would agree with Stefan, with an instance of an incident/accident we have to take what we get as we won't have any other chances. I am on the priority team, and I can tell you that we got three separate photogs on the same day with the logojet, and we added two, so the new livery was well covered in my opinion.

For your accepted image you think has too much contrast, you can always use the re-upload function to upload a better version.

Pete
Improvise, adapt, overcome.

vikkyvik

Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:11 am

Quoting moddin (Thread starter):
When I compare this rejected picture with my accepted one of Air Berlin A330 OneWorld logo jet and this one of Air Corsica in 1600px (https://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Corsica/Airbus-A320-214/2084995/L/ ), I don't understand the reasons.

Just to give an opinion on this part of your post, the rejected photo looks quite a bit softer than the accepted one.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

moddin
Topic Author

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks for the explanation Pete and Stefan.