Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

andspran
Topic Author

Rejection Help Please.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Hello, I hate to sound completely stupid. But I'm going to ask anyway. I got this photo rejected for grainy sky and Info Personal. I understand grainy sky, I can soften that. What does Info Personal mean? Oh, and one last question, once I make another edit to the photo, how do I put it back in the queue with the rejection comments and what my corrections were?
Thanks.
Andspran.
https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...1_w1364771304.9507flying17641a.jpg

dazbo5

RE: Rejection Help Please.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:00 pm

Quoting andspran (Thread starter):
What does Info Personal mean?

Personal simply means the screener(s) who rejected the photo have left you a comment that's included in the rejection email. I would think the note would be 'grainy sky' or similar. You can also see what the personal message was in your rejected photos page.

I can soften that

Did you sharpen the whole photo? Personally, I never apply any sharpening to the sky and only sharpen the aircraft. There's nothing to sharpen in the sky and if you do, it'll emphasis any noise that's present. There's no need to soften the sky or anything, just minimise noise in camera when you take the photo and either selectively sharpen so you don't touch the sky or if there's visible noise to begin with, carefully apply some noise reduction.

how do I put it back in the queue with the rejection comments and what my corrections were?

When you upload it again, on the second page, there's a note to screeners box at the very bottom. If you wanted to say what you've done in the new edit to rectify the problem, that's the place to put it.

Darren

dlowwa

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 pm

What does Info Personal mean?

Info - checking the log, I can't see anything immediately wrong with the info
Personal - a personal message was left with the rejection to indicate that the grain/noise is most noticeable in the sky.

how do I put it back in the queue with the rejection comments and what my corrections were?

There is a box on the final confirmation page where you can leave a comment attached to the image for us to see when screening the image.

andspran
Topic Author

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:30 am

Quoting dazbo5 (Reply 1):
Personal simply means the screener(s) who rejected the photo have left you a comment that's included in the rejection email. I would think the note would be 'grainy sky' or similar. You can also see what the personal message was in your rejected photos page.

Thank you for the info. I haven't gotten any rejection email, and I didn't get an email the last time either. Sort of wondered what was up with that?
andspran.