Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Soaring1972
Topic Author

What Do You Think About This?

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:42 pm

https://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...98009996.5688jcz33442_filtered.jpg

After beeing in screening for some hours and than turned back from the first screener, this picture stayed an adition round in the queue for some hours!

Now it is rejected with the comment: "Harsh glare/contrast, good idea but not executed well. dark contrast personal"

So what can I do?
Thanks to all ONE-Star voters just to push a photograph down!!!

monsoon84

RE: What Do You Think About This?

Thu May 01, 2014 3:52 am

One option that I have used in the past to reduce the intensity of the glare is to select the area with the magic wand,
then adjust the levels of that specific area. This should help bring down some of the intensity, also it might help to reduce the contrast just a touch?

Hope this helps !

Kenneth A.

dazbo5

Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 am

Quoting Soaring1972 (Thread starter):
So what can I do?

Not a lot is the short answer. This site simply doesn't like some of the more creative aspects of photography and rejects them. I think it's a good photo and quite well executed. I think it could stand being a little brighter, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the contrast and the glare isn't intrusive in my opinion, just inevitable. Good shot, just the wrong site to display it on.

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

vikkyvik

Thu May 01, 2014 7:21 am

Quoting dazbo5 (Reply 2):

Not a lot is the short answer.

Agreed. I think the shot is quite nice as is. Unfortunate that it didn't get accepted. I don't find the glare bad at all.

Quoting monsoon84 (Reply 1):
One option that I have used in the past to reduce the intensity of the glare is to select the area with the magic wand,
then adjust the levels of that specific area.

For your own info, that sort of selective editing is prohibited on A.net. Granted, can be difficult to discover, but just letting you know....
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

epten

Sat May 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Could be a bit brighter but, as others have said, I doubt it would be accepted in any case.

http://i.imgur.com/WDnYyB5.jpg

I forgot to mention: very good photo!

[Edited 2014-05-03 11:13:19]

monsoon84

Thu May 08, 2014 4:48 am

Quoting vikkyvik (Reply 3):
For your own info, that sort of selective editing is prohibited on A.net. Granted, can be difficult to discover, but just letting you know....

Sorry, I didn't realize it was, I had checked the motive rejections referring to acceptable editing before I had suggested it and there is no mention of that
being prohibited.

Why is that? Its not like cloning out obstructions, its just adjusting the levels on something distracting? I mean isn't getting rid of dust spots that are distracting selective editing?

Anyways, thank you for the heads up Vik...

Quoting epten (Reply 4):
very good photo

I agree!

Monsoon84

vikkyvik

Thu May 08, 2014 5:29 am

Quoting monsoon84 (Reply 5):
Why is that? Its not like cloning out obstructions, its just adjusting the levels on something distracting? I mean isn't getting rid of dust spots that are distracting selective editing?

I can't really answer the philosophical question of why or why not - it's just the way the site has developed over the years.

Basically, the only selective editing that's allowed is sharpening and dust spot removal. At least if I remember correctly.

Quoting epten (Reply 4):
Could be a bit brighter but, as others have said, I doubt it would be accepted in any case.

I actually think the original photo is better - the brighter one loses a lot of the drama, in my opinion.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".