Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Bogac
Topic Author

Pre-Screening - Tiger Meet

Wed May 20, 2015 9:10 am

I really liked the these images below but I do not know whether I should upload them or they wouldn't be any use. Looking forward to hear your thoughts and guidance. (they might need better edits, but that's not I am trying to discuss)

I would ask a question as well regarding the rules. I was in Tiger Meet 2015 Konya exercise and had a lot of images. there were nearly 600 photographers at the event and as you can easily imagine, there were several images of several aircraft. Is there any rule stating that only 1 image of an aircraft at a given day will be included at the database? I consider myself a learner and I am sure there are several better images than mine but I tried to use different angles and crops to achieve some "different" images and I would like to upload some of them.

Best.
Bogac

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3960&d=1431285401

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3959&d=1431285391

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3997&d=1431556452

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3995&d=1431556436

angad84

RE: Pre-Screening - Tiger Meet

Wed May 20, 2015 11:00 am

Great shots, especially the first two!

Quoting Bogac (Thread starter):
Is there any rule stating that only 1 image of an aircraft at a given day will be included at the database?

Two different sides of an aircraft (or one perfect head-on plus one side-shot) on the ground are allowed. Additionally, two different sides are allowed of an aircraft in flight. Therefore, you can theoretically get a total of 4 shots of a particular aircraft from a given day accepted to the DB. Even two shots from the same side are allowed if it is clear that the aircraft is in two different phases of flight (ie: one landing and the other taking off, but from the same side).

It's all detailed here - https://www.airliners.net/faq/rejection_reasons.php#double

As for motive, I don't think shot #3 (the pilot making claws with his hands) will be accepted. If it was a shot of a full aircraft, and the pilot happened to be doing the pose, then maybe.

#1 is probably borderline, being a pilot close up, but I recently had something similar accepted, so you should try submitting it anyway. However, I would give it a 2:3 ratio crop (crop the sky from the top) and maybe not cut off the canopy edges.

#2 and #4 look ok motive-wise, but will all need editing to pass screening. I'm not a huge fan of the crop on #4, but seeing as it doesn't really break any rules, it should be ok.

Cheers
Angad

YQZ380

Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 am

Agree with Angad; the second and last shots are acceptable motive-wise. 3 may not be acceptable if the screeners count the pilot as posing for the shot. 1 should be acceptable as the pilot isn't waving or posing for the shot. Really love the tiger!

Quoting Bogac (Thread starter):
Is there any rule stating that only 1 image of an aircraft at a given day will be included at the database?

No. Many shots of the aircraft will be accepted, like having two different sides of the aircraft, one head-on and one side-on, and two shots of the same aircraft at different stages of flight i.e. arriving after landing and pushback or takeoff and landing. All these plus the two different sides of an aircraft in flight like what Angad said.

Cheers,
Yang Qize

Bogac
Topic Author

Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 am

Thanks a lot for your comments Angad and Yang. I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers.

tylersmithsjc

Tue May 26, 2015 5:45 pm

Fantastic photos Bogac. I definitely think 2 and 4 will be fine. Just because the screeners may not think the motive is acceptable doesn't mean hey aren't fantastic photos.