Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Edelweiss Air Economy Class to Macedonia

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:36 pm

A day after my failed attempt to fly into Sion I'm on way to Macedonia on business. Thanks to a fairly large expat population of Macedonians in Switzerland, there are quite a few flights to Skopje from Zürich. Interestingly enough, when I checked for prices a few weeks back on the SWISS website, the cheapest I could find was something around CHF455 for a oneway. But then one day before departure (on the train back from Sion actually...) I checked again, only to find that the main tour operator for the flight had obviously returned the seats it didn't need to Edelweiss. As a result, I was able to bag a ticket for only CHF206, including all the taxes.

Edelweiss Air, Economy Class: Zürich to Skopje.

lychemsa

Re: Edelweiss Air Economy Class to Macedonia

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Love the name of the airport.

Alexander the Great.

debonair

Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Knightsofmalta wrote:
A day after my failed attempt to fly into Sion I'm on way to Macedonia on business. Thanks to a fairly large expat population of Macedonians in Switzerland, there are quite a few flights to Skopje from Zürich. Interestingly enough, when I checked for prices a few weeks back on the SWISS website, the cheapest I could find was something around CHF455 for a oneway. But then one day before departure (on the train back from Sion actually...) I checked again, only to find that the main tour operator for the flight had obviously returned the seats it didn't need to Edelweiss. As a result, I was able to bag a ticket for only CHF206, including all the taxes.

WHAT?! I know you love EDELWEISS, but via http://www.airprishtina.com/ is offering on GERMANIA SWISS from as low as 59CHF ow!

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:27 am

lychemsa wrote:
Love the name of the airport.

Alexander the Great.

Hi Lychemsa

Yeah, the Macedonians have a bit of a thing about old Alex. In the middle of the main square of the city they've put up this enormous status of him on a horse. The damn thing is obscenely oversized and the whole monument is not in particularly good taste either.

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:31 am

debonair wrote:
WHAT?! I know you love EDELWEISS, but via http://www.airprishtina.com/ is offering on GERMANIA SWISS from as low as 59CHF ow!

Hi Debonair

Thanks for the information, that's good to know. Have you already flown with Germania Swiss? I'm asking because so far all I've heard is that their seat pitch is painfully tight.

debonair

Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:41 am

No, sorry - never flew with Germania Swiss. Only with the German Germania. At least with the Germans, I don't know if this counts also for the Swiss subsidiary, you can upgrade to XL-seats in the first row (not good) or overwing exit with more legroom and free "Premium Service" (free alcoholic drinks, free earphones etc.). After payment you receive these perks as a voucher, which you have to hand over the crew during boarding with your boarding pass.