Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Croatia Airlines Business Class, Skopje to Zürich via Zagreb

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:37 am

Good morning all

I am currently on my way home from Skopje via Zagreb to Zürich. Right now I'm sitting in the Business Class lounge and figured I might as well post the first installment of the trip home. So far, I can't say I'm too impressed. But I'll keep you posted.

Croatia Airlines, Skopje to Zagreb in Business Class.

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Re: Croatia Airlines Business Class, Skopje to Zürich via Zagreb

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:37 pm

So just in case you were wondering, I did eventually make it home. The flight from Zagreb to Zürich was certainly far more pleasant than the Skopje to Zagreb leg. I think I would not mind flying Croatia Airlines again if need be. However, having said that I also think that unless they pull their socks up, they are going to have a hard time keeping up with their rival Air Serbia. But who knows, perhaps once the new terminal in Zagreb opens next year, it may give them an advantage.

Croatia Airlines, Business Class - Zagreb to Zürich

coyoteguy

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:57 pm

The food and beverage service on the first flight does look shockingly badly presented. I know it's a short flight, but really... A plastic box and plastic drinking glasses? And even coffee served in a plastic glass?

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:20 am

Hi Coyoteguy

I think probably what I experienced was the service for flights that are under ninety minutes. Otherwise it should have been the same service on the second flight as well.

AA737-823

Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:54 pm

coyoteguy wrote:
The food and beverage service on the first flight does look shockingly badly presented. I know it's a short flight, but really... A plastic box and plastic drinking glasses? And even coffee served in a plastic glass?

Have you flown SAS Euro in Biz lately?
It was nearly as bad as this Croatia serving. Though the plastic box at least had some blue and white decoration.
And, on top of that, the Scandinavian flight attendant seemed to not speak English. Which is odd, considering that I found NO ONE in Sweden whose English wasn't at least as good as mine!

EDITED TO ADD:
I have to give credit where credit is due: this flight was 65 minutes long. On flights of 65 minutes in the US, you're not going to get ANY service in "First Class" beyond a drink. And if you're stuck on United Express or equivalent, you're probably going to be given only the choice of juice or water, due to the "short flight time." So, even this kind of pitiful food service on Croatia is better than the US big 3.

coyoteguy

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:39 am

AA737-823 wrote:
I have to give credit where credit is due: this flight was 65 minutes long. On flights of 65 minutes in the US, you're not going to get ANY service in "First Class" beyond a drink. And if you're stuck on United Express or equivalent, you're probably going to be given only the choice of juice or water, due to the "short flight time." So, even this kind of pitiful food service on Croatia is better than the US big 3.

True... compared with a 1 hour flight in F in the US, it's a luxurious service.

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Man, you guys are really selling domestic flying in the US to me here! Well, I just arrived in the US and I shall gain first hand experience on what it's like. I'll keep you posted.