Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Knightsofmalta
Topic Author
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:51 pm

MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:22 am

It's taken me all of eight years since my first visit to San Francisco to finally get a glimpse and go across the Golden Gate Bridge. On my previous visits the weather had always been too bad.

With that done, it's now time to head back to the East Coast. There are quite a few options to choose from. Eventually I decided on JetBlue's MINT service, for no other reason than the fact that I rather like the JetBlue brand. In hindsight, it definitely was the right decision. I thoroughly enjoyed my flight on JetBlue and I think their excellent cabin crew really put to shame the competition.

JetBlue, First Class - Airbus A 321: San Francisco to Boston.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 3334
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 am

Looks pretty solid, i'm still not 100% sold on the meal service though, for my tastes I would be stuck with the risotto only, though I guess having a varied choice does make it more likely to come across a dish that works, but with airlines going to the pre-selected meals now I think B6 is lagging a bit, other than that, yes, B6 does a good job and their customer service tends to be outstanding, though there are issues at certain airports (Yes FLL i'm talking about you), for the price, Mint is hard to beat and I am happy to see it rolling out to more markets.
 
caleb1
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:51 am

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:36 am

Every time I read a JetBlue Mint trip report, it makes me want to splurge a little and buy a ticket to BOS or JFK. I think they have a solid product and even in Y class, they are miles ahead of their competitors. Thank you for this report and I wish B6 continued success as well.
 
coyoteguy
Posts: 486
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:58 pm

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:49 am

Nice! I've never flown on JetBlue, but would like to, especially in Mint. As you found out, it's often the crew who really make the difference on a flight, and if you have great crew, it elevates the whole experience.
 
CF-CPI
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2000 12:54 am

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:11 pm

I have had several experiences on Virgin America and now that JetBlue is moving in on their territory, I'm planning to give them a try. I enjoyed your pics and commentary. The meal service is attractive and healthy, but leaning a bit towards our west coast trendy look. (Virgin is the same).

Questions for JetBlue-ers:

Does JetBlue ever have specials on First Class (Mint) pricing? Virgin is generally very expensive unless you get a 40% off special, which appears from time to time.

Also, are the single seats priced the same as the doubles?
 
lychemsa
Posts: 1866
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:12 pm

JetBlue are even nice in Economy though they only serve junk food / snacks. The legroom is brilliant at 33.5". So i just bring my own food. Always try to fly with them if I can.
 
NASBWI
Posts: 987
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:12 am

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:42 pm

CF-CPI wrote:
I have had several experiences on Virgin America and now that JetBlue is moving in on their territory, I'm planning to give them a try. I enjoyed your pics and commentary. The meal service is attractive and healthy, but leaning a bit towards our west coast trendy look. (Virgin is the same).

Questions for JetBlue-ers:

Does JetBlue ever have specials on First Class (Mint) pricing? Virgin is generally very expensive unless you get a 40% off special, which appears from time to time.

Also, are the single seats priced the same as the doubles?


As far as I know, there are no "deals" per se, re: Mint cabin. However, their competitive pricing (fares generally start at $599ow, or sometimes $499 from certain stations) keeps demand stimulated for a premium product at a more affordable price. I'm sure there are fares higher than that on other airlines for economy tickets, depending on when you book, for the same city pairs that are served by Mint.

As for the single seats, yes: the single seat "suite" is priced the same and is assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)
 
Knightsofmalta
Topic Author
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:51 pm

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi all

First of all thanks for taking the time to comment. It's always good to receive feedback.

I don't really know if JetBlue has specials on its premium fares but as far as I can remember there were several fares available at the time I made the booking. The fare was reasonable but obviously that also means it was very restrictive.

As for the meal service, as CF-CPI pointed out, it's true that the meal and the entire service is leaning strongly to hip and trendy. However, having said that, I think JetBlue actually manage to pull it off convincingly! That was what the one thing I didn't like about Virgin America - they were just trying too hard.

Cheers,
William
 
CF-CPI
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2000 12:54 am

Re: MINT by JetBlue from San Francisco to Boston

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:27 pm

NASBWI wrote:
As far as I know, there are no "deals" per se, re: Mint cabin. However, their competitive pricing (fares generally start at $599ow, or sometimes $499 from certain stations) keeps demand stimulated for a premium product at a more affordable price. I'm sure there are fares higher than that on other airlines for economy tickets, depending on when you book, for the same city pairs that are served by Mint.
As for the single seats, yes: the single seat "suite" is priced the same and is assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.


Thanks for the info! On Virgin, SFO or LAX to east coast at regular price runs $1900 (or in that ballpark). When they run specials I can get close to $600 one way. It sounds like Mint is close to that, so I am definitely going to keep them in mind. I am anti-social so the 'suite' setup sounds like it's just my speed.

Knightsofmalta wrote:
As for the meal service, as CF-CPI pointed out, it's true that the meal and the entire service is leaning strongly to hip and trendy. However, having said that, I think JetBlue actually manage to pull it off convincingly! That was what the one thing I didn't like about Virgin America - they were just trying too hard.
Cheers,
William


One example of Virgin trying too hard: on a LAX-PHL dinner flight, the salad course consisted of a plate of beets. I try to eat healthy and have reasonably adventurous tastes, but that plate of blood red, dirt-smelling bits just did not do it for me. ( No offense to beet lovers). It just seems odd that someone in their marketing/inflight thought that they would appeal to the general passenger, unless the general population is going through a beet craze that I haven't heard about!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos