Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

SWISS, CSeries - Business Class to Paris: That was rather nice actually!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 pm

And so I finally managed to sample SWISS' new toy, the Bombarider CSeries. The airline currently has two of the type in operation and was scheduled to receive another eight before the end of 2016. However, on 9 September 2016, Bombardier issues a press release that they are having problems delivering the aircraft. So we shall see.

In any case, I rather like the aircraft. It is comfortable and the windows are fairly large. My only grippe is that the cabin is very noisy and it feels like a rough ride, with a lot of vibrations.

SWISS, Business Class - Bombardier CSeries: Zürich to Pairs.

lychemsa

Re: SWISS, CSeries - Business Class to Paris: That was rather nice actually!

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Line is awful.

When I flew business Class from berlin to zurich on Swissair in 1992, we got a Filet Mignon with croquettes dinner. It was delicious. And about the same distance as your flight to Paris.

Not pleasant to be on a noisy aircraft. However most are noisy at least Boeing aircraft.

KLDC10

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:29 am

Great report. The ground experience seems as though it leaves a lot to be desired though. The C-Series seems like a solid aircraft.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

@lychemsa: I always enjoy your comments because some hark back to a time when flying still has style, which is becoming increasingly rare these days unfortunately.

@KLDC10: Thanks, glad you enjoyed the report. I rather liked the CSeries and it is certainly a vast improvement over those horrid little Avros it will be replacing. Let's just hope Bombardier manages to stick around long enough for all the aircraft to be delivered...

Cheers,
William

bslflyer

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:22 pm

That post and its reply bring back both fond memories and also less pleasurable one's.

Indeed, I also remember the time when Swissair had a proper First Class service on short haul. The one service I remember was returning from Johannesburg connecting onto Swissair to Basel back in 1989. Looking at my database, this seems to have been an F100 airplane, whilst others flown during that time were also MD80. The stewardess (you might have still called them like this back then) apologised for going back and forth between First and Economy as I was the only guest in First. Those were also the days when you could - rather inefficiently though - fly from Basel to Zurich.

I have also sampled the new CSeries recently on my way return from Prague, and I also noticed the quite noisy cabin. I wondered if that was just me - but it seems not. Otherwise, I enjoyed the plane and I also agree that the overhead monitors require a magnifying glass in each seat pocket.

Cheers, BSLFlyer

debonair

Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 am

Knightsofmalta wrote:
However, on 9 September 2016, Bombardier issues a press release that they are having problems delivering the aircraft. So we shall see.

Yeah... My booked flight on the CS100 was now downgraded to the ARJ... :cry:

And yes, the hole service experience on swiss dropped dramatically low... E.g. on out-stations, like HAM, there are no (!!) baggage drop-off counters for passengers already checked-in; just one counter for all Economy Class passengers. Also letter of complaints takes weeks or even month to receive a reply. What a shame, sadly!