Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Logan Air for FlyBe: Manchester to Inverness.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:54 pm

I recently decided it was time to return to university. Call it a midlife crisis if you like, but whatever it is, I'm glad I'm doing it. And so I find myself spending four days on campus at the University of Lancaster in the UK. Lancaster is a pretty little town about 70 minutes north of Manchester.

Having spent four days in a classroom, I figure I've deserved a bit of a reward for my good behaviour, and so I decide to head for Inverness in the far north of the United Kingdom and Scotland for the weekend. Because I only have the weekend to make the journey before I return to the office on Monday, I figure it'll be better and faster to fly to Inverness. The route from Manchester to Inverness is operated by Logan Air on behalf of FlyBe. Originally, the flight was scheduled to operate with a Saab 340, a type I think I haven't been on since the days of the old Crossair.

Eventually though, the flight is operated by the larger Saab 2000. And that is okay too. So if you're interested, read on...

Logan Air, Economy Class - Saab 2000: Manchester to Inverness.

Knightsofmalta
Topic Author

Re: Logan Air for FlyBe: Manchester to Inverness.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi all

So I just got back from Inverness. Originally, I was not planning on writing a trip report, but then I got an upgrade from KLM and figured I might as well for the sake of completeness.

KLM Cityhopper, Business Class - Embraer 175 - Inverness to Amsterdam

moby147

Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi Knightsofmalta,

I like the local KLM ex - NCL normally a good flight with good crews but the "wraps" for lunch are rubbish! with more wrap than filling & normally just go with the wonderful biscuits the have

Regards

Moby147

michaelg90222

Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi Knightsofmalta,

We missed each other by one day! I flew out of MAN to SOU on the 2nd and spotted G-LGNT on the apron.

I'm impressed with the cabin, it looks very smart, and definitely better than my dilapidated Q400! I wish I had forked out a bit more money and gone for the Eastern Airways S2000 flight out of LBA as I have done before, but oh well.

I also agree with the consensus so far, that MAN is an ugly, dingy, overly busy place and I'm glad that it is due for renovation.

Good luck with your studies!

Michael
319 320 321 332 346 717 73G 738 744 763 788 E190 F70 RJ85 MD11 SB20 DH8D AT72
AA AZ BA BE BY CJ D8 FR IB KL KM LA LX MD SA SR T3 U2 V7 WA XZ ZB 2L 4Z

sk736

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Interesting trip report - thanks for posting. Not sure why you say that web check-in isn't possible - I've flown this route many times and always used the web check-in!